Used 2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

2010 Camry - Recalling the Fun
By Dan Talley

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The 2010 Camry came out just as the 'Acceleration Glitch' was making the headlines. Since 'loose floor mats' were initially suspected of 'pinning' the accelerator, I had my accelerator 'shortened' and the floor mats reinstalled securely. But I never had any problem at all with my 2010 Camry, either before or after. It was a great car and my first automatic. I never had any complaint. The car likes to go fast, which is good since we had our interstate highway max speed increased to 80 MPH. My 4-cylinder easily cruised at that speed. I drove it for almost 9 years and put about 80,000 miles on it. In fact, I would have driven it longer but for some hail damage in 2011 that I did not repair right away. I tried to do so this year and instead the car was declared a total loss by the insurance company. But I got market value for it and, thanks to it's great resale value, was able to get a new Avalon this year.

the best car i ever owned
By tom

2010 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have had fifty or more cars in my life all american made mostly fords have not had one to compare all around with car . I have over 50k on this car and it is still like new,rides great handles nice smooth wouldnt believe the power in this four cylinder. I drive sixty miles an hour on highway and have gotten as high as forty five miles a gal. not all the time on highway I get thirty nine to forty miles per gal average. Body is like new interior great I usually get new car every four years I just cant let this thing go

Problematic
By Downs

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2010 Camry with 87,000 miles on it. I have had it for just over a year, and have taken two nearly 1,000 mile trips on top of daily driving in the city. At first, it was great. I was excited because Camry has always been known as being a good, reliable car. For about 4 months now, I have been having transmission problems (slipping in lower gears, no fluid leaks), and the trunk is leaking. I have found water in the trunk on numerous occasions. Both of these problems have been attempted to be fixed by a dealership mechanic with no luck. It's pretty sad that my husband's 1996 Neon has been a much more reliable car than my 2010 Camry..

90k Camry outperforms 2 previous luxury SUV's
By John E

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am writing this because I am so pleased with my 2010 Camry XLE. From day I purchased it at 85k and continuing until now at 96k, this car has completely outperformed my previous 2 luxury SUV's, both of which had way lower miles and were several years newer. I am talking about a 2011 Infiniti EX with under 20k miles and a 2012 Cadillac SRX with under 40k miles. This older and higher mileage Camry is quieter, rides better, and just generally drives way better than either of those SUV's. Even more astounding, I am getting this better performance at 1/3 the price of the previous 2 vehicles. Better car for way less money. This Camry has all the options so it is as close to a Lexus as you can get. I did think a 2008 Lexus ES350 probably was even quieter and rode even better, but the Lexus was all beat up and had more miles on it and still cost more than the Camry. Only negatives on the Camry are that the steering has loosened up a bit and I have to correct it too often for my taste. Is still comfortable to drive but wish steering was tighter. Also, passenger seat has developed an obnoxious rattle but only does it sometimes, thankfully not all the time. The real issue is do I enjoy driving the car? Before, when I had the 2 aforementioned SUV's, I usually drove my wife's 2014 Kia Forte5 because it drove better than either of mine. Now, I never drive hers anymore if I can help it because my Camry is simply more comfortable--the ride is so much quieter and comfortable both in town and on the road than the Kia or my former SUV's. You can just sit back and relax and drive all day without getting tired or beat up. Love how simple the controls are in the Camry. Virtually no learning curve at all. Navigation screen is right where I like it in the center stack in the middle so both front occupants can see it and do things with it. Camry has been totally reliable with no repairs at all during my 11,000 miles of ownership. The gas mileage even though it's a V6 is way better than either of the previous 2 SUV's and is nearly as good as the Kia Forte5. Gets 30ish on the highway and 25 around town which I think is astounding for a car of this size and power. With 18 gallon tank, have huge cruising range. Backup camera works well and so does navigation system which has real time traffic. The value equation is huge here--this is the kind of performance and quality I was hoping for from the 2 SUV's but didn't get and ended up now with better car for 1/3 the price. Will probably stay with Camry when feel need for new wheels. One more note--USB ports are recessed in center stack and a pain to find. Had to buy dedicated cord to leave in car because it's so hard to find. That design feature could be improved. Also, wish that could adjust fan speed one notch slower than the slowest that it offers. Most cars offer a bigger range of fan speeds than this one, at least on low end--it simply needs a slower notch than the slowest one it has. It's like they skipped from 0 to 2 and left out 1. Not a big deal though and just a minor annoyance on occasion. Most of the time it doesn't really matter. Also, quality of JBL premium stereo system is awesome. Sound quality is amazing and it has room for 4 CD's in the dashboard, which is a big convenience. Also like that does not seem to get out of balance tires very often. Have only needed to balance once and they're still balanced 6000 miles later.

excelent
By Ellen Meyerheim

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Very well maintained.