Used 2003 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 390 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great car
By Elaine Hatfield

2003 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

There seems to be a lot of brake maintenance every year

Indestructible! 15 years of abuse-only maintenance
By Roland W.

2003 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Camry when it was 2 years old, and learned that it was a rental car WHILE signing the paperwork (sleazy car salesmen!). So you know it was abused already. I was a hothead when I bought it and constantly floored the pedal on it for years to come (it can go well over 120 mph, by the way), and only calmed down in recent years. In the 13 years I owned it, and despite the abuse, the car only needed maintenance parts. 2 batteries, 2 sets of break pads, 1 set of break disks (no wonder with my driving) - that's it! Recently the A/C stopped working, and after a little research, it turned out to be a $14 relais. Fixed in 5 minutes. I was sandwiched in a front/back crash earlier this year, that gave my wife whiplash and a light concussion... the car? The front logo fell off, and the bumpers have a couple of scratches. Fricken indestructible! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this car. And did I mention that this version is a PZEV (Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle)? Oh, right - I needed a new exhaust manifold last year (over $1000 value), but got that replaced on WARRANTY!! How? A PZEV needs to guarantee the emissions system to be working without issues for 15 years or 150,000 miles. I was just under for both, and got that expensive part replaced, owing nothing! Unbelievable! I sure owned more exciting cars before (like, Alfa Romeo GTV, Ford Capri (European Mustang), and grew up as the son of a Nissan car dealership. Even my dad agrees - Toyota is the most reliable car brand you can buy (followed by Honda... then long nothing before Subaru, then Nissan, etc.). This car has become part of the family by now, and as long as it doesn't start giving me trouble, I'll keep driving it. Best. Purchase. Ever.

For students
By joe wilk

2003 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car for my daughter when she went off to college in 2003. the car has 180,000 miles runs great and has been very reliable. Other than routine maintenance and several sets of new tires the car has been great.

No "Toy Auto"Here
By No "Toy Auto" Here

2003 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I have owned two Camrys as of this post. A 2003 LE V6 and a 2007 LE V6. Naturally the 2007 is better in all categories except for ride quality, ingress/egress, and openness of the cockpit. My wife and I will probably been in the market for a new car in a couple of years. Even though the both of us are not all that enthused about this latest generation (2018) Camry I am sure we will consider it in our selection process. I will also add the we also have not been happy that Toyota has discontinued the availability of getting a LE Camry with the V6 engine. All in all the Camry is undoubtedly one the best values on the road today and has been that way for over 20 years.

Toyota camry xle = luxury car
By Eric

2003 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car has everything a luxury car has. It has rear sunshade, rear air vents, woodgrain, power seats, 6 disc changer, and the best sound system ive ever heard from factory.This car is super reliable it now has 230000 miles. Only maintance was oil changes tires had to replace valve cover because had leak but other than that its been excellent. It has a very quiet and smooth ride. Im keeping this one until engine dies