Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

best convertible on the road
By Joseph Stassi

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most amazing car i've ever owned. i traded a '03 jaguar x-type for this and actually have much more back seat leg room and plusher interior. i just sold my '95 celica convertible with 130,000 miles on it to my best friend because i needed something bigger; but it's immaculate also and still runs as good as new. i have a black one with gray leather that i put 18" wheels on and blacked out the grill and chrome and custom painted the head and tail lights. i constantly have people admiring it and wondering what it is... i had all of the lettering removed.

big trunk, great performance, no air noise when top is closed... even at 80mph, good gas mileage, ohhh so comfortable, perfect seat adjustments (my head can actually rest on the headrest!), wish i'd have gotten the navigation system (a neighbor couldn't work without it!)and much more....

the rear headrests are too high and make for poor visibility when the top is closed. unfortunately they are built to be a rollbar and toyota tech can't do anything about it yet... i've tried.

Great Topess Fun - Something Different
By MikeS

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned three Chrysler Sebrings in a row, this was my try at "something different". Glad I did. This is one great car! The 3.3L VVTi engine (the same one in the much pricier Lexus ES330 and RX330) is a jewel. Buttery smooth with plenty of power. So far, my only fill-up since I got it averaged 23.5 miles per gallon on regular. Filled it up with mid-grade and the mileage computer says I'm getting 25.5 mpg in combined city and highway (I drive 25 miles each way to work). Another nice feature is that they are rare enough that you don't see yourself coming and going as in a Sebring.

3.3 L VVTi jewel of an engine, extremely comfortable leather seats, CONVERTIBLE TOP.

Seat belt straps on front seats are useless. Held in place by magnets they are nowhere as cool as the seat mounted belts in my Chryslers

Just what we were waiting for!
By Bryant McCrary

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We love everything about our Solara convertible except that the visibility of cars to your right is terrible, even dangerous.

Ease and speed of putting the top down or up.

Rear view/right rear view, in particular, visibility

I love my car
By Robbin

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new car, it is great. Looks fantastic, lots of storage and very fun to drive. It has a lot of get up and go, I tested that part too, the ride is like driving a cloud, even at higher speeds. Out of all the cars I tested I was in love with this one, the rest I liked. Most convertibles dont have trunk space for much more than the top cover, this one has a large trunk for traveling, and this is the car to do it in. Can you tell I love MY car

There are to many to mention all of them, but I like the stereo a lot with the 6 cd changer, the sound is fantastic. There is a lot of safety features that are very important. I don't think about them much, I am just glad they are there. The best part is the convertable top. It is solid.

Put controls for more than one driver on seat settings, that way one button and your seat is back to your setting.

solara conv
By dave

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Drives and looks sexy like a more exotic sports car. Very smooth and quiet. Specs are very good.

Ease of top up and down. Responsive handling

Voice activated Nav system, Multi Disc CD with Nav System. All light and window switches should be illuminated like Lexus. Boot should be easier to install