Used 2002 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews

$3,995

Used Camry Solara for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Mid Life Crisis Averted

Michele J., 03/18/2005

For years I've wanted a convertible. This is my 3rd Toyota.This is a great car and fun to drive. The only problem I have had is the convertible top. It seems to catch on the right rear side often. This causes the "lip" behind the back seat to tear. Other than that, no problems.

Fun to Drive

Paul, 04/12/2005

I've owned the 2002 Toyota Solara Convertable for 3 years now, and I still enjoy driving it, particularly around town, somewhat less so on the highway (especially with the top down, when wind noise can be tiring). For a convertible, you probably can't do better in this price range. I note a few rattles at high speeds, and lately the brakes "shimmy" when slowing from highway speeds, but I've had no mechanical trouble with this car-- just change the oil, rotate the tires, typical wonderful Toyota reliability.

Thoughts On My Solara

solara28, 12/11/2003

I purchased my Solara used; it was a year old with 28K miles on it. I have enjoyed this car since taking ownership of it. The ride is comfortable, the design pleasing on the outside, ergonomically logical on the inside. This car is like getting a Lexus for a bargain price. For a coupe, the interior is quite roomy, even the back seats. Despite being a used car, I have had not one problem with this vehicle (which is why I chose Toyota).

BEST 4 PASSENGER CONVERTIBLE

realtor steve, 12/13/2003

We drove every convertible from $55k on down. Decided we wanted a 4 passenger car. This car is the best:lots of fun to drive, maybe not a real sports car but plenty fast and zippy. In fact it was faster off the line than either the Saab or Volvo convertibles. It was the most comfortable riding of all of them. I don't put a lot of mileage on, but I enjoy this car every day.

My experience

Steve I., 03/04/2002

I leased a 2000 Solara and the transmission died in 2 years. It the took the dealer almost a month to locate a replacement transmission. I would not deal with this car again. I can't wait until my lease is up to dump this car.