2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews

$27,270

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Great Car

Neal, 02/15/2021
XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the second Camry Hybrid I have owned and I cannot say enough good about it. The ride is extremely soft and bumps are virtually nonexistent. The CVT transmission removes all the noise of the shifting gears of other models. The interior insulation (including the windows) remove almost all exterior noise from outside including traffic right next to you. The only negative on this XLE is it has no remote start. When you buy a "top of the line" trim a remote starter should be a no-brainer. I will be buying an aftermarket product for that. I highly recommend this car and hope you have the same good luck I have had!

Awesome!

concordenerd, 04/23/2021
XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I owned a Lexus ES350 and a Prius, but was looking for one of Toyota’s sedans in a hybrid. After getting the Prius I didn’t drive me ES very often as it took premium fuel and got way worse mpg’s. I test drove the Avalon Limited hybrid, Prius AWDe, Camry XLE hybrid and Lexus ES300h. The Lexus vehicles to me are just not the same as previous years. I did not like it and the Avalon was too big. Prius was good, but the Camry felt just right and was more substantial than the Prius. I bought a Camry XLE hybrid fully Loaded and honestly the more I drive it, the more I love it! It truly is a wonderful car. Hybrid mpgs are great and I go 500 miles or more on tank. Usually squeezing 12 gal of gas into the 13.3 gal tank. Not bad for a family sedan. I wish they made a Camry prime!

Very nice car!

Brian C., 05/31/2021
LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just bought one and I love it getting right around 48-52 mpg very comfortable ride and surprisingly powerful in sport mode. Has enough space for a family of 4. I wish they offered the SE with the same mpg but the SE gets less. The SE looks better but I didn't buy it for looks I bought it for a commuter/family car and the LE fit the bill. If your looking for a really nice car for a small family with great gas mileage this is the one. The hybrid system is covered for 100k miles and the battery is covered for 150k under warranty and I really like the radar cruise control and lane assist . The car is very roomy as well I'm a bigger guy 6' 215lbs and I do not feel cramped in this car at all plus the kids have plenty of room in the back seats. I test drove a Corolla hybrid first and there was just no comparison to the comfort and drivability of the camry.

ad labelAd
Build Your Camry Hybrid
At a Glance:
  • 7 Colors
  • 4 Trims
Build and Pricetoyota.com
Prototype shown with options.

Gas mileage is amazing!

Peter N., 07/08/2021
XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently bought this car and couldn't be happier. The ride is buttery smooth and amazingly quiet. The upgraded sound is surprisingly sharp...and did I mention that gas mileage!

Worst Car I bought

VN, 07/26/2021
LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car about 6 months ago. When you think of a new car you should feel safe and comfortable but in my case that wasn’t happening at all. I bought this car off the lot brand new. The problems began very fast. My car started to make this grinding sound I haven’t heard before and me thinking I haven’t had a hybrid before maybe that’s normal but than has gotten worse over the past months. So the sound became louder and louder, than started to interfere with my brakes. On a ton of occasions my car would not brake it felt like I was fighting with my car to brake. Thank goodness no one was in front of me. With the issue of my brakes I have been going back and forth with Toyota with this car 4 times already. The dealer is no help and I’m over this car. At this point I’m ready to leave my keys. My husband and I are trying to find a new car that is safe and hope we don’t get something like this -VN

2 out of 5 stars