2019 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Avalon Hybrid model:

Can’t fill up
By RickyD

2019 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

With only 2000 mi on the new Avalon, I have a fuel problem!!! I can’t get gas in the fuel tank, sounds crazy but when you are hundreds of mi from home and low on gas it’s a BIG problem! When I try to fill the car today the fill tube filled up to the cap very quickly (seconds), then it burped a bunch of gas out of the fill tube. the vent line then started to bubble with more fuel in my face. No matter what speed I tried to add gas the problem persisted. It took 30 mins to add 3 gals of fuel so that we could get back home.. 3 gals got us a little above 1/2 tank.. love the car but would like to be able to add a little gas once in a while when i’m Getting a little low.

So far not too bad!!!
By Bob

2019 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have had this car for only two weeks. There are some very nice things about this car......great fuel economy, very nice interior, many safety features, nice handling, larger trunk capacity with rear folding seats, nice speakers, and fairly quiet ride. We like the Advanced Safety Package which offers a birds eye view of parking situations. We have yet to test Entune and Apple Car Play to give any comments on that. This car seems a little lower than some previous models. I feel there is a need for more interior storage. Maybe the glove box could be bigger. Maybe there could be some more storage in the front center console by the driver's and passenger's legs. Maybe the center console storage could be larger. So far, this seems like a nice, comfortable, fuel efficient car with a lot of great safety features. There is a lot of technology on this car and time will tell if it is reliable.

Real nice for mature drivers
By Josh T

2019 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Drives like a dream. three items I wish they had from the past: 1. place to put your sun glasses, 2. bigger pockets in the front doors, 3. Coin organizer is missing. Beautiful car to drive. Over the new variable cruise control.

Avalon
By Harold

2019 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very uncomfortable seats. Awkward getting out. No knee room, center console takes up too much space. Awkward location for Qi charging.
Other than those items it’s a great car. Would prefer Michelin like the previous years, I think they handled better.

Still discovering things
By Joe

2019 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The only thing that kept me from giving car 5 stars is still the memory seat function. Dealership can't figure out what is wrong. It will recall my seat memory, but my wife's memory seat position is hit and miss at best. Her seat most of the time doesn't move when the button is pushed. The mirrors and steering wheel move ok. I've been back twice and they are going to work on it when the head technology service man gets back from vacation. (10 more days) I know it sounds unprofessional but that's what it is. The car is great. We traded a 2016 lexus RX350 for this 2019 Avalon hybrid limited edition and have only lost a very little bit in ride quietness. If it wasn't for the memory seat function I would give this car five stars