Used 2016 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon Hybrid model:

Avalon means "Isle of Paradise"
By R. Hall

2016 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Since buying this hybrid auto, we have fallen in love with it! Is it perfect? No. Nor, we think, is the more expensive Mercedes. The key for us here is we own a super high quality, fuel efficient, reliable & comfortable car that was reasonably priced, compared to it's competitors at Lexus, BMW & others.

Wonderful automobile: comfortable and economical
By John

2016 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car is everything the professional reviewers said it would be. Stable, well mannered, sure footed, comfortable and economical. We really appreciate all the active safety features. There are some things in the interior that, personally, I would change, but we knew that going in and bought the car anyway so they weren't deal breakers for us. Yes, you give up a couple square foot in the truck, but that hasn't proven to be a problem. I wish there was a fold down rear seat, but as before, I chose the car knowing that. Our goals for an new auto were 1) comfort, 2) reliability, 3) safety, 4) eco friendliness. The Avalon delivers on all these fronts. Though we haven't owned it long enough to personally asses reliability Toyota has more experience that any other brand in making successful hybrid drive autos. It drives like any other car; it has plenty of acceleration if we need it, and cruises down the road with ease. This is the first time in over 20 years we haven't had a manual transmission automobile, and we don't miss it.

Incredible MPG - 2016 Avalon Hybrid.
By Tom Kelly

2016 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought it because it was the last 2016 on the lot and they were giving it away vs the 2017. The fuel economy is actually better than promised. That's a first for me! The car is incredibly comfortable and super easy to park. I came from a Honda Pilot which is a bear to park. I really don't need the back up camera, though it's nice to have. My only issue is that the seats don't fold down. I knew that going in but still don't understand. This isn't rocket science, every other car seems to have folding rear seats.

I love it!
By Deb Park

2016 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ive only owned this a month so repair/reliability data not available. Cars don't impress me...they get you where you're going or they don't. My family is amused... this car has changed me..I totally love this car. It is comfortable.....has some fun bells and whistles..easy too drive.....economical!!!!!! Lots of tech stuff that has been easy to figure out....at least the parts I'm using. Love the interior...beautiful...well put together design. I have never owned a hybrid and I can honestly say I'm sold on hybrids..at least this one. Excellent warranty.

My Fourth Hybrid Toyota - working to perfect
By Tech8079

2016 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Unexpected comfort, great power, quiet operation although I would like to add some more acustimat, good fuel economy, wonderful cruise control with radar (millimeter wave speed tracking), great backup camera, one of the few cars with laminated windows all around, big trunk for a hybrid, heated seats for quick comfort in cold weather, and everyone comments on the gorgeous paint.

After one year, we still love the car and comfort features. I drive using the cruise most of the time, staying a bit further back, but enjoying the ride. We fill the tank about half as much as the Tacoma Pick up.