Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used Sidekick for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4.5 out of 5 stars

The little engine that could but Suzuki version

firebug2283, 03/18/2011
1997 Suzuki Sidekick Sport JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

This car has been hit in the front and the rear and is still on the road. She has 189,561 miles and she still running like new. We have replaced few minor parts, fuel filter, a fan belt and she still continues to run. She just won't die, she refuses to die. Great gas mileage. 4x4 works excellent and she sure can haul wood. I HAVE thought of replacing her but can't bare to part with her because we know we won't find a better car. She may look like a death trap coming down the road but she sure does run excellent. Never has left us stranded and I doubt she ever will.

4.63 out of 5 stars

I love my Sidekick!

Clonecrazy, 07/26/2002
1997 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Sidekick used - it had been a rental car. I have never had any problems with it, and the only maintenance I've ever done has been oil changes. It has never let me down, and I really enjoy driving it.

5 out of 5 stars

sidekicks are great

suzukidude, 06/18/2003
1997 Suzuki Sidekick JS 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

I bought my sidekick some time ago now, i use a lot, has 104k miles on it and has behaved like a champ, i havn't had any problems with it, only reg mantainance(oil, fluids,breaks...) Fuel economy is great, love the big windows and the stylish looks. Its not a very fast car, but hey, thats not what your paying for and it wasnt desinged for high performance.

4.38 out of 5 stars

The Rattletrap That Won't Die

goatrancher, 08/17/2009
1997 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4dr SUV 4WD

They're gonna have to bury me in this car. I bought it in about 2001 with 60k miles on it for 5k dollars cash. At 90k I changed the timing belt and water pump. Since then I have replaced only a starter, had the brakes done once and just recently replaced the front struts and back shocks. This little beast is NO fun over 55mph. Feels like it's gonna fly into bits. Uphill forget it, unless you're rock crawling. But I can get 3 full sized dairy goats in the back with the seat down and don't have to use my gas hog pickup. It refuses to quit. Most reliable car I've ever owned outside of Hondas. Flawless OD automatic. Swiss watch of a motor. Backbreaker seats. A keeper!

4.5 out of 5 stars

2nd tracker former jeep owner

david wheeler, 08/24/2002
1997 Suzuki Sidekick JX 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

I had a tracker in 1989 when they first came out nad i put 116,000miles on it without a single problem. I recently needed a second car ( first is 98 Rodeo, also a great car but too much fuel)and after long debate chose the tracker. I am having a blast again. I feel like a kid and my wife can always take the rodeo their is never an argument their.I put in a K&N air filter and it seems to have helped the performance quite a bit.