Used 2003 Suzuki Aerio Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Aerio for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great Car

mancow, 11/08/2012

I bought this car new in 2003 My work round trip is 184 miles my car just went over 402000 miles I have had no problems. Just oil changes and two set of brake pads and at 250000 clutch presure plate thowout bearing all which are wearout parts.

LOVE MY SUZUKI

kellynulf, 08/13/2013

I bought my Suzuki with 6 miles on it back in 2003. It now is hitting over 190,000. It has been an amazing car. There have been a few issues. A CD got stuck in the CD player and now that doesn't work. The radio still works fine though. The light on the clock doesn't work, even with replacement fuse. I did start having issues the last 2 years with the heat shield clamps rusting. Overall I will be very sad the day "Shelly" takes a dump.

Love it-still running great.

dwvb, 10/18/2016
GS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used from a friend in like new condition. car was bought as a first car for my daughter, she has been driving it for over 4 years. She wasn't crazy about the car when i first bought it. Her complaints: You can not see the front bumper, you must allow extra turning room, extra room in front of you when driving, watch for curbs-ours sits low to the ground-previous owner added things to make it sporty looking. She loves it now--she would not give it up if you asked her too. I have kept up the servicing and except for the expensive cost of brakes and tires- I have had no other cost but oil changes and regular keep up. I Have been told by the guy who services it that parts for it are hard to get for it and that new parts for it usually need to be specially ordered and shipped in from over seas. Our car named Midnight has 94 thousand miles, 48 thousand miles of it is ours-due to her n collage. Car is still running strong, runs great on high grade fuel. As of 4/25/2017; {please remember we purchased our vehicle from someone we knew-not from a dealer. There was no warranty on it when we bought it.} i am still keeping up on the regular servicing for my daughter. Our guy that services it-checks everything, and i mean everything-including the cars wipers when i bring it in. Except for having to replace the radio/disc player that stopped working, I have had no other major repairs/there has been no big issues. Midnight is still running great and has almost 103 thousand miles. Today my daughter swears her car gets 36 miles to the gallon. it is more reliable then any of our other vehicles. Starts up and goes everyday. It even runs wonderful in the snow. We have no complaints. My daughter says she loves it and has us on the look out to pick up a second one in case something happens to Midnight-but at this time we haven't had any luck. I agreed on looking for the 2nd because I couldn't ask for a better car for her.

Love my little mobile bubble

mmaddalena3, 08/19/2012

If you don't mind looking like you're driving around in a gigantic bubble-then this is the car for you. I'm 5'11 and my husband is 6'4 and this car has enough room for us and our family of giants. I have had this same car for about 7 years now, used, and I haven't had trouble with driving in the snow. I owned it through the summer in South Florida and through the "sno-maggedon" in Virginia and found it to be a great vehicle for either location. I will agree it's basically plastic but I was side swiped a few years ago and it kept me safe. The cables on the battery though do fray so keep an eye under the hood ever so often. Otherwise it's money well spent.

dependable fun driving car

tim ashley, 12/13/2015
GS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Great little car I bought for my daughter's first car and 4 years later she's still driving it.Our only major problem was the transmission.It was blamed on the tow truck for towing from the rear after a little mishap she had at a local sonic.Word of advice if ever get towed have them to load on a roll off and not towed from the rear.It burned out our tranny.Other than that,we had headlights replaced and very bad design on that deal,gotta pull bumper off for that.We have put 123,000 miles on it and have not a problem.We also changed wheels and tires to give more ground clearence. Pulled off all emblem's and had them powdered coated a light bronze color to match wheels now it's a head Turner.Best foreign car we have owned(next to my Nissan pu).

Love my car

R G, 08/06/2016
GS Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Okay, so my car is 13 hears old. I bought it used as a rental when it was a year old. It doesn't have any of the bells and whistles like the new ones do. Although mine did come with a 5-CD player. I've never had to do any major repairs, all I've ever had to do was regular maintenance (which does include some hoses, etc.). My milage is closer to 26 to 28 mpg or better. I do have two complaints: 1. It's too low to the ground. I've tore my bumper up on parking curbs. 2. It doesn't have enough room between the seat and the petals--for me, I have long legs for a woman--I use the same length as a 6'2" man on the truck I drive for work. Otherwise it's been a great car. Dependable, comfortable, and economical.

Best Car Ever Owned

Katherine Razzi, 06/09/2017
S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2003 Suzuki Aereo has been the best car I ever owned. Of course, being garage kept has a lot to do with it, but it has only needed the bare minimum of maintenance for a lot of driving. Highway driving too!! With over 200,000 miles, she still keeps up with the fastest and picks up speed quick when needed. My only problem has been with the A/C. Had 2 mechanics try to fix it and the 1st put in a brand new compressor. Hopefully it can be repaired. Gets mighty hot around here in the summer! I saw an Aereo just like mine list for $5K. It's a good deal if she was well-kept. I intend to keep her for another 10 years if she'll have me!

Great car with great mileage

John, 06/08/2010

This car has been great. I bought it three years ago with 32,000 for $4500. I am now at 180,000 and still going strong. The only problems I have had is struts and CV axles, nothing else. I would recommend these cars to anyone wanting a cheap transportation option.

Basic car... Awesome reliability

aerio1, 05/30/2009

I bought this car off my buddy who sold it to me with only 30K miles on it. I have put 20K on it so far. I agree that bumpers are kinda low. The interior is basic. It has a surprising amount of head room despite looking small from the outside. I disagree with Edmund's mileage assessment. I ALWAYS get above 30 mpg. (I have the 5 spd manual). I plan to drive this car in to the ground and hope to get 300K miles. The only bad thing about this car is that if you get dings and such, you can only get Suzuki parts (can be expensive relative to Toyota/Honda). If you have a Civic or Corolla, there are TONS of aftermarket companies that make parts.

Driving in an egg

silkyfurz, 02/28/2003

Six months old, less than 2,000 miles, three bumper replacements - 2 front, 1 rear.

51050