Used 2010 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews - 254 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

A Maintenance Hole
By Adams

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Holy cow! Every time I turn around I’m bleeding out money to maintain this car. From crappy headlights that constantly burn out ($110/each) to GD Check Engine lights every 3 months. Great car for 80k miles, then sell it ASAP. Get 31+ mpg regularly.

I like it
By K Woodson

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The stereo could have better features but other than that I love this car. It handles well, it's quiet & quite comfortable on long rides.

I was sad to trade it in for a 2018 Outback!
By Gabrielle RS

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car. I just traded it in for my 3rd Subaru Outback. the things I love are how well it handles driving in snow and rough conditions. I feel quite safe in it while driving in all kinds of weather. I also love how much storage room there is in the back. We brought two kids back and forth to college and only had to rent a haul oncewhen my son graduated and somehow aquired a lot of furniture while in college. My husband loves the leg room in the front passenger seat. He is 6 feet tall and can sit with his legs completely extended. The car is also quite reliable. We onely started having problems with it after it crested 100,000 miles. Prior to that we experienced no break downs or surprises. The AWD is great. The sound system is adequate. There is no bluetooth so we always had a lot of cords connecting variosu devices. All in all it is a great car if you like long trips, have a family, do winter sports and want a great value!

Easily a 200,000 mile no major repair vehicle
By Chuck

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd outback. Bought both new. Kept the first one to 220,000 loved miles. Plan on keeping this to 200k + my third will probably out last me!

Be safe with a Subaru
By DeniseLovesCars

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

What a great ride. Aside from regular maintenance, I can't recall doing any other repairs, other than having to fix a rattle in the undercarriage (just replaced a couple bolts.) I've been pretty hard on the vehicle too. I hit crazy potholes living in Pittsburgh, I hit a curb hard once (oops). Never let me down. The seats are much more comfortable than my 2001 Outback. My back starts to hurt after about 4 straight hours in the car instead of one or two. This thing doesn't let me down in the winter. I frequently have to drive in snow/ice and only occasionally get stuck in very deep snow on my driveway, which is a very steep hill and not shoveled when I arrive home from work. The only negatives are: 1.) the vehicle didn't come with a USB port. It has bluetooth for the phone, but really no other modern technologies that seem to be found in other 2010 vehicles. 2.) I only get 22-23 mpg (pretty much all city driving), which is what it's rated for I believe, so it's what I should've expected. 3.) I find the interior kind of "cold" in that there are "metal" accents in the car. Also, if I want to be really nitpicky, it doesn't hug the road as well as my 2001 Outback did. But I imagine that's due to it's bigger size, it's more like a crossover than it's predecessor.