Used 2002 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Legacy for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great car

Vic S, 01/08/2004

Have really enjoyed having and driving this vehicle especially in snowy and icy weather. It is comfortable, handles extremely well and corners like it was on rails. The heater warms up quickly in cold weather adding to the enjoyment of this vehicle.

Great car to drive

Gary, 01/27/2005

My car has been very reliable, and the service records (I bought used) show no problems. Acceleration very good for a normally-aspirated H-4 engine and a 3400 lb car. Drove the H-6, but honestly did not think its acceleration and torque were that much better. AWD excellent, handling very good, and no problems with brakes. Interior is nice, but I have leather. Tune-ups are fairly easy. Re: other reviews: V6? Don't expect in Subarus because they use boxer engines. Upgrade interior? A $25K car will never have the tactile feel of a $40K car. There is some wind noise, seats could have more adjustment, but, again, IT'S A $25k CAR. As a package, hard to knock. Most auto reviewers like the Legacy GT.

love it

subiegirl, 03/24/2003

love it!AWD is the best ever invented!

Worst car I ever owned

thebaaron, 09/20/2007

I picked up this car with 30k miles in great shape and right away started having problems with window seals, moon roof seal, O2 sensors, head lights, check engine light, heat shield, clutch, electrical bugs, you name it, I've fixed it, until finally with 70k miles on the odometer, the engine jumped time and bent all the valves costing me $3500. No aftermarket support either, because no one wants anything to do with this lemon. I can't say that I blame them. I can't wait to be rid of this heap.

Subaru get an A

2002 Subaru, 02/27/2003

Very reliable. Excellent in snow and rain. Stops on a dime.