Used 2002 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews

Used Legacy for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

No Nonsense Performance & Practicality

jcgolfer, 08/09/2003

This car is exactly what I had hoped it would be. It is primarily a practical car with enough flair to make it fun and pleasurable to own and drive. The GT version handles well enough to have some sporting fun while the all-wheel drive allows you to drive relatively aggressively in the snow and ice. It is essentially a 12 month, 4-season GT car.

quality declines in late model Subarus

ssa, 10/28/2003

Less than 26000 miles and have had major brake job (all 4 wheels), new clutch, repeated problems with wind noise and 'check engine' light coming on. Basically a big dissapointment compared to the many Subaru's I've owned in the past.

Could have been great, but...

Dr. Alif Terranson, 11/23/2003

The performance of the 4 wheezing mice just doesn't cut it. I actually thought the car had a problem, and brought it in for service - the service manager stated that this was "just the way it is with the newer Subarus, because of the emissions control requirements". This is, of course, pure BS, as I have an even newer car (from another manufacturer) that meets emissions without this performance hit. The performance is *so* bad that I was going to upgrade to the 6cyl, unfortunately, a drive in that confirmed that this is a design issue, and not an engine size problem.

Wagon Love

Uncle Jay, 12/06/2003

The motor went bad at 24000 miles. It was a manufacturing flaw. AWD is very nice. I have a manual and like to shift but I wish the center differential was an intelligent one like on the automatics.

Subaru Legacy GT LTD Experience

shersr, 12/08/2003

We are long distance drivers (40,000+ miles per year) and demand a lot from our vehicles. The Subaru Legacy GT LTD has offers a nice ride, but suffers from reliability problems. We had a re-occurring brake problem with freezing rear calipers (frozen open, that is). We replaced the wiring harness and spark plugs at 50,000 miles due to shorting in the coil. The catalytic converter needs replacement at 90,000 miles. We also had to have the trim around the driver side window re-glued. National Subaru customer reps are not helpful and rude. Next time we buy a Honda.

12345...11