Used 2016 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

2016 Forester is my third.
By Richard Curry

2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Owned a 2004 traded for a 2012 which the dealership mechanic forgot to tighten the cam chain idler and blew up the engine when starting, so gave it back to them and got this 2016. Had to get used to the CVT but once I did, it is so great not to feel a transmission shift up and down. Hopefully it will not be a headache later down the road. MPG is improved. I have gotten over 32 MPG on the highway. Only beef is I am tall so I wish the seat went back a little more and the tilt/telescopic steering tilted and telescoped a little more. Overall though this is the only small SUV I considered that I fit in well enough to drive. The Hyundai Santa Fe is a slightly larger SUV outside but I couldn't even get behind the wheel of one. I like it.

great.
By great

2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

it is great.

Overrated Overall
By MikeDwyer

2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The bluetooth only works maybe 20% of the time and the dealer admits it is not good

It took 27 years!
By Martha

2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Consumer Report convinced us that our "New to us" Subaru Forester was the best car for us at our age. It is the last car we will buy, and safety was a paramount factor. We have waited 27 years to get another car equal to our 1991 JEEP, which we are keeping since it still runs very well. We are delighted with our choice.

Subaru Forester
By Brian & Kathy

2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After Purchasing and owning several new GM and Toyota Vehicles, we decided to try a Subaru. This might date me, but these things were all the rage, back in the Late 70's and early 80's, and I was feeling nostalgic. We read all the reviews, drank the cool-aid and said, we want to feel that "love and loyalty" Subaru owners seem to have. We were wrong. After owning this car for two years and 40,000 miles later we will never buy another Subaru. There are plenty of better cars out there for the money. And Subaru "after the purchase" support is not great. I quite honestly had never driven a worst car on winter roads than this Forester. I have driven in Mich winters for 35 years and have never been in car that has handled this badly, or have ever heard the wind noise this thing makes. They told me it was the tires. They told me unfortunately other people have had the same problem. People say to me hey how do you like your Subaru, I tell them the truth, I guess we just never felt the "Love" And still not feeling the love. We are thinking of selling it...