Used 2004 Subaru Forester Wagon Consumer Reviews

Used Forester for Sale
Select your model:
12345...50

Pros
Cons

Trade Up

fotd, 02/08/2004
XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I traded my '03 X for an '04 XT. I loved the X and feel the same about the XT. The icrease in power is just what the doctor ordered. Plenty of power throughout the rev range. Hardly any turbo lag. Good tourqe for driving in the PA mountains. I never thought the fastest car I ever owner would be a wagon! (I know it's an SUV) The 5spd is a great match for the turbo motor. Great saftey features. Great "stealth" vehicle. This is truly a "do-it-all" vehicle. Gripes: The Auto Climate control does not work well. No sunroof with a 5spd, what gives? I wish the rear windows were factory tint. All of theses are minimal complaints. Overall I rate this car a 10.

2004 Subaru Forester "Burt"

brooklynjoel, 05/29/2013
X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Forester X "Burt" used in July 2011 from a Subaru Dealer in Rockland County, NY with 107K miles on it. I now have 120K miles on it. It has proven to be a reliable and surprisingly comfortable vehicle. I average about 18 mpg in the city, and around 28 mpg on the highway. This car is one of the most "honest" cars I've ever owned. It just works without fuss or fanfare, and feels solid. I Have done nothing but oil changes, a differential and tranny fluid change, tire rotations, and inspections for maintenance, and Burt goes like a top! I hope to buy a new 2014 Subaru Forester based on my experience with this one, and I am one of the most "brand unloyal" owners out there!

Solid, Safe & Fun to drive

Dan S., 08/16/2006
XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my first Subaru and though I got it used and have only had it for a couple months, I know I made a good decision. The HUGE sunroof is wonderful. Comes with many safety features and this car sticks to the road like glue. I never anticipated it would be so fun to drive, with responsive handling and such a solid road feel. Interior materials look and feel well thought out and well put together - however there aren't many luxurious bells & whistles, just the necessities. If you want fancy features, this isn't the car for you. If you want fun, safety and moderate room for an active lifestyle, you're in the right place. Car is very well thought out, with an eye towards function.

Forester Turbo

Carlos, 10/10/2006
XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a very good and balanced combination. It is a real AWD, a wagon, a comfortable car, and a sportive machine. Its low center of gravity allow the Forester to have a very safe driving considering the performance of the turbo. In addition this turbo makes it economical (you do not consume much fuel when you do not need much acceleration or speed, but when you need it or want it you have it).

Solid Car

zak, 11/01/2006
X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

31,000 miles on my 2004 Subaru. Very happy with performance, reliability. Excellent in snow. Researched every car in the class before purchase and am convinced the Subaru Forester best choice.

12345...50