Used 2008 Scion xD Hatchback Consumer Reviews

Used xD for Sale
Select your model:
12345...33

Pros
Cons

Scion XD

Nancy, 09/07/2008

I debated which to buy, the Honda Fit or the Scion XD. I decided that I liked the body style better with the XD, I also liked the larger wheels which came standard on the XD (16" as opposed to the Honda Fit 14"). I am so happy with the XD. I drive 150 miles a day to/from work so I log a lot of miles quickly. I am now up to 11,800 miles and have not had a problem. It is comfortable and roomy for 4 adults. We recently took it from Ann Arbor to Chicago for a soccer tournament and had plenty of room for all four adults, we just made sure to pack lightly as there is not a lot of room for numerous suitcases but then again that is not what I bought it for. I highly recommend this car.

Love this car!

Dsimes, 04/07/2009

I bought the xD in August of 08 to replace my 06 Cobalt. The xD is loads of fun! The car handles excellent and is quick for it's engine size. I'm tall and it fits me perfectly. Very roomy inside for it's size. It will surprise you in that respect. The 5 speed manual shifts easy. The clutch is a bit tight and requires a few higher revs then my Cobalt did to get moving, but this is an engine that welcomes higher revs. I'm very glad I chose the xD for my next car. I have put 10,000 miles onthe clock so far and look forward to putting many more on it! I average around 35 mpg at 69 mph.

Still Shaking

Sparkle, 05/31/2008

I traded an o7 Camry that was paid for, at 18,000 miles, and another year on the 36,000 mile warranty for the Scion xD. The Camry was a sweet ride, and it had all the bells, and whistles, but the gas mileage was nada. I'm still shaking just thinking about it, however it cost me no out of pocket money. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I drove the xD home, and the first big truck that came by did not blow me off the road, I hardly felt it. I still have over half tank of gas, at 193 miles. I had two choices, I could look at the Camry in the drive way or I could ride the xD all over the place. Gas in not going down, and I made the adjustment. I'm glad I did it. I like to ride.

It's A Winner

It's A Winner, 06/28/2008

I am a visiting Nurse and am in my car all day, going from patient to patient. Needed good MPG. Looked at Versa, Fit And Suzuki SX4. It was between XD and SX4, would buy this car again tomorrow. I LOVE it. It is fun to drive, fits anywhere and has good pick-up. Agree with need to decrease road noise, wish there was an armrest, and that doors lock when car is put in gear. I get many questions and compliments on my zippy red XD.

A Scion of the times.

JT Hall, 07/13/2008

I bought the Scion xD after driving the xA from an ebay sale, downsizing from a pickup truck which i can no longer afford to drive. After two weeks of both highway and around town driving, I find the xD to be fun to drive,comfortable and very economical (35+ combined mpg.) Although you won't win any drag races in a Scion, it will zoom up to highway speeds quickly enough where it floats effortlessly at 75+ mph. Handling and cornering are excellent and the seats are firm and supportive. In spite of its size the xD drives like a larger vehicle. Fold the seats down and there's plenty of room for your stuff. It was a great choice. I'm going to keep it.

12345...33