Used 2008 Scion xD Hatchback Consumer Reviews

Used xD for Sale
Select your model:
12345...33

Pros
Cons

Very safe car

Alan, 02/20/2010

This is a great car, ive had it a year and a half now and usually average 33 city, nearly 40 highway. The car drives great, and has enough get up and go for interstate traveling. Its also a very safe car, someone has rear ended me three times now in this car, once just a fender bender, another time on the interstate the guy hit me at about 30 in a suv, just a broken bumper, and most recent i was stopped on the interstate and the ford F150 truck behind me didn't...hit me at about 65-70 mph..i walked away fine and so would anyone in the back seat, the car only dented in a few inches, but about 11,000 in damages...overall its a great safe car. i would highly recommend

Would not buy again

ts16240, 05/01/2011

The XD was my first brand new car, and I am very disappointed in it. I will be trading it in soon. First off the tires are not great on it. It slides all over the road, rain and snow. I did however find winter tires this year and it went much better, but the cost was high ($600). Driving on the highway is horrible because any little bit of wind and it blows you all over the road. Also when driving with just the front windows down is impossible, it makes a wind tunnel effect and is a killer on your ears, so the back windows have to be down too. I also replaced the charcoal canister twice in it, which happened at 38,000 miles. $1,000+ each time replaced. Not the vehicle I expected.

Saved my life!

Ahowe, 09/14/2008

I bought this car in February 08 when we sold our Xterra. Already own a 06 corolla, and like Toyotas. This car is zippy, good gas mileage (31 city, 33+ hwy) and looks great. Standard power everything, cruise, you name it! The safety features are all standard- side, seat and front air bags. Good thing, too. A guy in a stolen car ran me off the road and into the concrete median in the middle of the hwy going about 65 mph, and I walked away with a sprained wrists and burns/scrapes from the seat belt and airbags. The car didn't make it, but it did it's job. Loved that little car and will miss it, but thankful for the fun it gave me and the life it saved!

BEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEP

Joe Mahma, 11/08/2008

I've had it for a while and I'd have to say, it's a great cheap car. I just took a trip and managed 42 mpg on the highway while around town I'm getting about 32 mpg. It has some power if you get on it but the manual transmission is awful. The Interior is awesome as well as the body design, and people are always checking it out on the street.

Pitfalls of an xD

Duke, 03/25/2008

Due to sluggish brakes I rear-ended another car at 30 mph. The car's airbags deployed and i was fine, but the cars front end was demolished. Insurance estimates show repair cost to be half the price I paid for the car!

12345...33