Used 2014 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Scion xB Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

my second one!!!!
By Doug Taub

2014 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

too bad toyota discontinued this car. I'm on my second one. Great money for value

Sweet Little Ride
By Michele Hoy

2014 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It is fun drive 5 speed again.

2018 UPDATE - Reliable wheels.
By DogChauffeurNY

2014 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this XB because I needed a dog friendly car. I also wanted a reliable car. Having driven a couple of domestic brands that were always in and out of the shop for recalls that never were completed (sorry, we're waiting for parts), I finally decided to snag a Scion for a good deal. The car is very spacious. Visibility is so-so thanks to thick pillars forward and back. I picked the XB over a Kia Soul because the car felt more spacious and was definitely peppier.

Since my last review, the Nav/Entertainment system has had a few glitches where you can't always advance to the next song (you have to restart the car for this glitch to reset.) Voice recognition for nav is temperamental (also doesn't seem to have a way to update the maps). So far impeccable mechanical reliability with regular oil/filter changes, but I've been thinking about getting a 4WD vehicle for the snowy weather.

The interior continues my love/hate relationship. The car is very roomy, but the interior is dark and the C pillars are too thick.

For anyone who wants Toyota quality (sadly, Scion is no more, merged back into mothership Toyota) and a unique and spacious vehicle (I still rate the car better than a Kia Soul or Nissan Cube and much more solid feeling than a tinny Honda Element), the Scion XB is a great used car.

Scion fever
By Darryl Si

2014 Scion xB Release Series 10.0 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car and having said that, visibility is not so great. I knew that going in from the reviews but I bought it anyway. I would buy it again tomorrow

Spacious Scion
By Liz

2014 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 2014 Scion in 2014, I am the original owner and love my Scion. Lots of room, easy to drive, drives and rides smoothly. I upkeep with maintenance and the service team at Toyota are awesome by fully explaining what's being done. The power of the Scion is awesome especially going up hills and it's better then my 2012 Kia Soul, as far as power. BUT overall, the Scion XB exceeds my expectations on a vehicle, and exceeds 5 stars in my book.