Used 2008 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 219 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

the toaster
By bloke

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a great car for the price and I wanted something good on gas and the interior size was a big surprise.I will be selling mine soon as I want to go back to AWD and something with more of a luxury feel.

Ipod compatible and gas mileage, easy manual gearbox

Stereo Ipod control too finicky, goodyear RSA tires bad in the wet,seats could use more support, ride quality is sometimes bumpy but it could be the tires, but hey it was $16k new!

Brakes
By Diana

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really like the Scion. Very roomy with great interior.

I love the MP3 hook-up

The brake system does not seem reliable. Having issue with brake pads not wearing evenly. This causes the car to feel like you are rubbing the rotors, even though I have 50% of the pads left. Dealership not being cooperative. This could make me fall out of love with this car.

Love my Baby!
By Joanna

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Xb sight unseen and was not disappointed. I've driven it to California (from Missouri) and back, upstate New York and back and Florida and back with no problems. Gets great gas mileage. I switched to synthetic oil and I average 30 mpg. Love the ease of entry and exit and the roomy backseat.

I love the IPOD hook-up, center gauges, roomy interior and color (Blackberry Crush Metallic)! Headlights on high beam are incredible.

I would add another back-up light as it is difficult to see when pitch black out (I know it is European styling but it does not get the job done). Wider arm rest needed. Better low beam headlight visibility - seems to be an abrupt cut-off of visibility. Would add lumbar support to front seats.

Very Satisfied; fun car
By pwcfcr

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. Researched all different makes/models for 6 months prior to purchase. After 21 months and 30,000 miles this definitely was the best value for the money. Fun to drive. Comfortable with roomy. Easy to get in and out both front and rear passengers. Good gas mileage and pickup. Versatile. Does well in snow. Will definitely buy another one when it's time to replace the Sienna.

Clean lines, gas mileage(avg 28 mpg: 30+ on highway), acceleration, interior comfort and space, ease of entry even for rear passengers. I could go on and on.......

Front passenger sideview mirror/windshield blind spot is the most concerning problem. Better arm rests. More speed options on wipers (front and rear).

Always Wanted an XB..Glad I bought one
By SavvyPirate

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking around for another car last august and saw this one online and fell in love. I got it within 2 weeks. I got the 5.0 RLS Series Gold Rush Mica Edition with the color matching interior and I love it. I love the CVT Transmission though I wanted a Manual. It has more power then a lot of people would think-150+HP in a 4cyl ain't bad. I have no complaints about it so far. Got it used though it looked new with only 3500 miles and now with 12, 600 it still runs like new. I'm only getting 23MPG City which I wish was a bit better but for the size of the vehicle I can't complain.

Color, CVT, Interior Room, Upgraded Sound System, Moon roof, LE Body Kit, Ease of access to everything inside the car while driving.

Little bit more under body clearance, I regularly scuff the bottom on curbs or parking. Speakers need to be upgraded, could use 2 additional speakers in the trunk of the car also or a sub feature. Needs 2 reverse lights, Power seats would be nice but not necessary. ALL WINDOWS TINTED THE SAME COLOR!