Used 2008 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews - 219 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

My Oil Burner, w/ no warrentee
By Oil burner,not warr.

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased a new efficient car 6/2008 when gas prices spiked to $4 per gallon. Well I thought I was making a good decision, but instead our car has had a constant spongy brake pedal, blown transmission at 22000, which was fixed under warranty. The brakes still are spongy and car does not stop well in snow! But this is the kicker My car burns 2.5 quarts of oil every 5000 miles! Toyota's engineers says "There standards are 1 liter of oil burn per 5000 miles is acceptable" The dealer and Corp. Toyota say they WILL NOT put an engine in! So the reallity is I'm paying $400 per mth + insurance for something we don't drive. I will NEVER buy a Toyota Again!!!

Why does Toyota advertise Scion as a "Toyota Scion", but not a "Toyota Lexus", but when you have an issue with you "Scion", it turns in to just a Scion, and Toyota wants nothing to do with you or my Toyota Scion? That is called False Advertisement on a National Level!

Back your Warranty! We have 42000 miles on our car with a 60000 mile warranty, and it's burning almost 3 quarts of oil per 5000 miles. Which is more than there standards! Message to all owners, Have your engine oil measured, at the time of your oil change! 4 Qts go in 4 Qts should come out

Fill it shut it and forget it !!!
By Urbandale XB 2008

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very practical, no nonsense reliable car for the long run. This car is a glue in snow and the stability control (VSC) works amazingly in snow. Had 2 blizards each amounting 16 inch of snow within 2 weeks and it drives amazingly with VSC taking care of skids. I have a Nissan Quest minivan which has VDC same as VSC but it doesn't work this good. I felt very secured driving this car in ice and snow

Safety(VSC), good road control, Hauling it takes everything in . looks from people and fun factor, CD player/AUX IPOD jacks, solid toyota reliability

Lot of blind spots, very difficult to drive in heavy rain or snow because of the thick pillars, rear wiper is just for the sake and doesn't do the job it is supposed to, power is only at High RPM , I thought its going to be like RAV4/Camry since it has the same 2.4 ltr engine but very disappointed

Not the quality I expected from Toyota
By belowexpectation

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have been driving this xB for about 20,000 miles for two years, and disappointing since about 10,000 miles. Besides a major problem with engine (the dealershop fixed it), it rattles with the breake pushed, and plastic fell apart from under the passenger chair. This is not the Toyota quality we used to know. Although it has a unique design and some functionality, the overal quality is below my expectation considering the price tag.

The exterior look, roommy inside, cargo space with flat seats

wow.. what can I say about this scion? Toyota is not doing something right and the deficiency will be reflected in the market share near soon.

Great in Snow
By Service Tech

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love how much room is inside with the seats foleded down. I am tall and even I have pleanty of head room in the front and back seat. I live in WI and drive in allot of snow, I have no worries driving in bad weather. Also I drive almost all hwy miles and avg 30 mpg.

Room VSC Gas Millage

Smaller passenger windows.

Good balance of everything i needed
By ShugaShane

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my 08 xb just over 2 years and have approx 75,000 miles on it. Not one issue ever. Plenty of power, and my avg mpg on the dash currently says 29.8 I drive alot of highway at roughly 73mph, when I was driving at around 68mph on these trips I would get around 31mpg. I love this car, holds all my stuff for camping, and a large dog. only complaint...that stupid skinny arm rest. fatten that thing up!!

the look/ride