Used 2008 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 219 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

New XB Scion Outstanding!
By Scion 2008 XB

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 Scion XB in Mid July after reviewing and test-driving many other cars. With the completely new design for 2008, it's not as boxy as the earlier versions. The "chop- top" look is misleading since the room in the XB is huge. I've also noticed the incredible fuel mileage. From the Cressida we had at 12-15 miles/gal to the 20-28 miles we're getting with the XB, its saving a lot on gas. Albeit fun to drive, it's comforting knowing the car is encased in a safe cage and airbags and curtain airbags make the XB an incredible value. Thank you Scion!

The new "chop-top" look.

A better looking front grill. Chrome might help. It's still intimidating though from those looking at you from their rear-view mirror.

Fun, reliable and cheap
By Paul

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new and now have 50,000 miles. Have not had a single problem. Does not burn any oil. I've used synthetic since 5K. Does well in snow. AC works well and iPod hookup is nice. Lots of room is nice. I knew I would be putting a lot of miles on this car and I wanted something practical that would deliver with no hassles, that's just what the XB does.

iPod & sound system, good AC, MPG, quick steering, small size outside, big size inside

More sound proofing...

I know xB in a very object way
By brytface

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have driven xB for over 2 years. Our experience with this vehicle has been deteriorating mainly because of continuing mechanical problems and poor interior material quality. First, some plastic under passenger seat fell off within 6 months normal usage. Big surprise! And the engine stopped in the middle of the way. (wife almost made an accident) Toyota fixed it under warranty. However, problems continues.. When waits for the signal with brakes on, the car shakes and make noises. I knew Toyota Quality slips away but I thought Built-in Japan Scion would be fine. My mistake! when a company fails to do what they are supposed to do (making value products)consumers suffer.

Roomy Interior Space, Cargo Space with 2nd row folded, Exterior Design, Numerical Speed Display

Better Fit & Finish, Better Quality, Use better material at least where we feel and touch,

Nice little Scion
By smokey63090

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the vehicle new and have put almost 57k miles to date. Had some issues with dash rattles but dealer fixed under warranty. Reliable vehicle with good mpg but lacks refinement of other Toyota interiors. Very simple interior materials feel cheap. Great value as first car but I miss the luxury feel. Roomy interior with practicality.

Ipod interface, central gauges and spacious back seat. Good mpg even at 80 mph.

Flimsy seat support and padding for long drives. Lack on insulating material between roof and headliner.

still fun after 2 years
By charlieplex

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car over 2 years and have racked up over 55,000 miles. I still find the xB very enjoyable to drive. The only problem I've had is with the rubber strips that run along the roof. I had 2 blow off shortly after running it through a car wash. They were both replaced under warranty. It runs like a champ and easily cruises down the highway at 80+ mph. The kids prefer it to our other cars because they have so much room in the back seat. I'm 6'1 and there is plenty of room in there. I average 27- 28 mpg and I'd classify myself as a pretty aggressive driver. I've driven conservatively a few times and have gotten 400 miles on a single tank of gas.

style, 5 speed is fun (it'll bark the tires in 3rd gear @ 55), roomy, 4 wheel disk brakes, side curtain airbags, stability control, ipod connector, rear windows roll completely down

paint seems to chip easy, need armrest for passenger seat and some more cushion for driver's