Used 2006 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 289 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion xB Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Absolutely great vehicle to own
By Matthew

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2006 Scion Xb from a fellow on Craigslist in January of 2014. It had 133,000 and was in good mechanical condition. Since then I've put another 32,00 worry free miles with no major breakdowns. I've only replaced minor wear items like the tires, oil and spark plugs. It's a great car and will make you very happy. The gas mileage is good, the A/C is ice cold, the inside is huge and maintenance costs are very low. The only bad thing I can think of is the ride isn't the greatest, but it's not terrible. Unfortunately, I was involved in an accident that totaled my poor Scion so now I'm looking for another one!

Reliable and steady
By Colby Gibson

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Wins- mpg, price, reliability, value, cargo room, seat comfort, head room, visibility, maintenance, easy to drive, good looking. Opportunities- interior material quality, rough ride, engine noise, cargo space when you have back seat up

Sweet utility box!
By omar ghosheh

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Need a car that just works and occasionally transports large items and or large people? No other car with a footprint this small is as useful. It's supremely reliable, fun to drive with a stick, and cheap to own. It's makes me smile.

Update 1.14.18

More than 20 thousand miles later the car has needed nothing but oil changes and some fluid changes. I really appreciate the simplicity of owning this very useful car!

best city car
By Akehiko Takahashi

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

There is no cruise control.

Love this car!
By Fern

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is awesome! I've had it for 10 years now, bought the bright green RS series 3 brand new. It has 107,000 miles on it and I've had no major mechanical problems with it. Just the usual maintenance. I've had to replace the exhaust gasket twice already, minor. I've also had to replace the engine belts twice due to squealing. The only things that I've had problems with are the power door locks will stick if someone tries to open the doors as you are hitting the unlock button. The cd player also gives me trouble, it wont eject the cd when I press the button, I have to keep pressing it multiple times and it finally spits it out with alot of grinding sounds.. I remember bringing it to the dealership within the first 3 years because the ipod plug was giving me issues. These problems don't bother me enough to fix in a 10 year old car unless they stop working completely. I've also had to replace my windshield twice, this model has some sort of design flaw which places stress on the windshield causing it to crack. By reading other reviews, I seem to be lucky to only have replaced it twice. This car is super roomy, lots of rear leg room. I can fit large pieces of furniture in it, bureaus,dryers, a washing machine. It has high seats, feels like you're sitting upright in a chair. Great visibility all around. I have a roof rack so I throw a 13 foot canoe on top of it very frequently. I also love the tow hooks you can install on the bumpers! Very handy for tying down the canoe! My only complaints are the weak engine, I also will not pull out in front of cars as it has no pep on take off. The front seats have no lower back support, very uncomfortable for long trips. No cruise control, also not convenient for long trips. I personally think the pros outweight the cons with this vehicle. Pretty excited at the super high mileages some of these other reviewers are reporting on these reviews! I'm the type of person who hates having a car payment! I'll drive it into the ground before I buy a new car. Thanks for reading!