2006 Scion tC Consumer Review: Surprising

2006 Scion tC - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Surprising
By Jason on

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my tC. It's the first car I bought for myself (my dad bought me a Wrangler and an F150 before that). I wanted a car with good gas mileage without looking like a Geo. The tC gives me around 24-28 mpg which is above average, but not the best. What catches you off guard with the tC is the speed. This car likes to go fast, but it's engine isn't abnoxiously loud when you hit speeds in excess of 100 mph. It's 0-60 isn't anything to brag about, but Toyota makes a supercharger for the tC if you want to tweak the engine.

I like the iPod plug that's hidden in the middle console. It lets you control the iPod from the car's stereo system. It also has an aux plug for other mp3 players/cd players. The sound quality is good for a stock system. The sunroof is a nice standard feature. It has a giant back seat for a 2 dr.

The ABS could use some work. The brakes work great when the ABS doesn't kick in, but it's nerve racking when the ABS activates because it seems to increase stopping distance. It only seems to happen when you hit a wet/icy spot on an otherwise dry road. Other than that it's a perfect car.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review