Used 1992 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews

Used S-Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Look beyond the cover

allaps, 02/24/2002

I've owned my 92 Saturn SL1 for almost ten years and it still runs like a top. It has started every day except one time when the weather dipped into the below zero marker once. With a jump start it was fine. To this day, the engine sounds the same as the day I bought it. It now has 92,000 miles on it. I have since stepped up my purchasing power over the years, but I can honesting say this is the best car I've ever owned and I'd buy another one for my family any day.

My 1992 Saturn SL2

Jack Durden, 10/02/2002

I bought this car in 2001 as a daily driver with 158k miles. It is aquick little car. The 124 horses will get the little 4-door up to 60 mph in about six seconds. (I timed it with 93 octane and performance switched on). This car has never left me stranded and starts and runs like a top. Minor problems - my AC quit, it still blows but it isn't cold. Also the odomiter died and no longer counts miles. The cats are also dead and the exhaust is LOUD. The dent resistant doors and bumpers are great. I was rear ended in traffic at about 15 mph and that caused me to hit the person in front of me. There was zero damage front to rear. Great daily driver.

Still My Trusty Steed

chuckf, 08/15/2003

I have owned this car for 11 years and it has been the best car-owning experience of my life. Reliable, low maintenace, great on gas and fun to drive. Sunroof broke recently, but it is not a necessity. All cars should be like this.

Saturn SL2 1992

tamariadawn, 09/15/2003

I have had to replace the alternator x3 and the sepentine belt x3 in the 10.5 years I have owned the car. Leather driver seat wore out/cracked after about 5 years. Low head room for tall persons. Slow acceleration from a complete stop. Smooth ride. Good fuel economy (20 city/25-30 HWY). Would own again but newer model preferred (LS series).

the truth