Used 2006 Saab 9-3 Consumer Reviews - 188 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Saab 9-3

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

Disappointing
By psbob

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had three SAAB's and am currently still driving my 89 900S.
What an utter disappointment.
I know on paper this car is much better than previous models.
Sitting down in the car, my first impression was that I had lost my best friend.
The car has none of the charm that my other SAAB's have had.
It felt like a gussied up cavalier.
None of the materials in the car seemed first rate.
With the current financial problems (and I see why, it doesn't feel like a SAAB SAAB) coupled with the not so nice feel of the car, guess I won't be bringing home the next one.
I drove the new S60 and it felt more like a SAAB than this car.

none

Bring back the top notch interior materials, and a thicker steering wheel.. oh yeah.. and make it corner like the previous SAABs.

Aero Convert
By neal747

2006 Saab 9-3 Aero 2dr Convertible (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car used a year ago and it has been great fun. Sporty and luxurious with lots of convenience features. A solid performer the v6 turbo packs a nice punch and the 6 speed automatic shifts better and quicker than I could, so I never feel required to use the paddle shifters. The variable valve timing really opens up the motor under full throttle as it lets out a ferocious scream. Yet quiet and extremely smooth in typical driving. And Saab stands behind the product, they did a free major repair for me even though the car was 5,000 miles past the warranty period! Massey Saab of Orlando is the best.

Two-tone leather sports seats extremely comfortable. V-6 turbo punch. 6-speed auto trans. eager shifting. Remote opening of top and windows. Lots of trunk space. Flawless automatic climate control. Quiet and wind leak free convert top.

Firmer cornering abilities. More control over headlight switching.

Best car for the value
By Surprised Saab Owner

2006 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After looking at similar class cars nothing beat the value of the 93 Aero. Cheaper than the competition with little difference between featured and performance. Fun to drive. It is terrible in the snow, I was expecting better from a front wheel drive car.

Handling

improved performance in the snow.

LOVE MY CAR
By Lori

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Memorial day this year I hit a deer head on at 65 mph. Grateful no one got hurt, but concerned the airbags didn't go off. I am still waiting for it to be fixed-over $8200 of damage. I miss my car, as it has been fantastic to drive. Never any problems not even in snow. But getting parts for a Saab I find isn't easy. I am told I am #123 in line for the radiator mount, and no clue on how long it takes to fill the back order. Ugh! But hopefully it is before summer is over, as this is why I bought the car. To put the top-down and go for my long drives. This car has been worth every Penny I paid on it.

One-touch convertible, no latches, just press and hold and watch it go down!

like everyone else-cup holder!!the pop- out one is very flimsy, I use it to hold my ipod or Sirius as I don't trust a drink being in it. Also a car this nice the passenger seat also should have the same features as the driver's seat.

Best Car I've ever owned!
By boomer47

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my Saab new in 2006 after quite a bit of due diligence and it has been best vehicle I have ever owned. It is fun to drive, economical, reliable, and very functional. It's great in the snow and the turbo gives it great acceleration.

Turbo, great in snow, fabulous sound system, lots of front passenger room. Stylish and very reliable.

The original equipment Perrelli tires were not very good. The latch on the rear hatch should open when the doors are opened.