Used 2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

love my gts red gts!
By hellfire

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV GTS Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Went from 911(997)cab + Range Rover Supercharged to the GTS. Although interior appointments not as luxurious as the RR, it feels as expensive. Alcantara is lovely! Fat steering wheel the best I've held. Took it on rough roads for a hike and with comfort suspension mode + raised height, felt just slightly more bumpy than the RR, though definitely need to be careful with the 21 inch rims. dealer added tooki bluetooth and ipod integration so gadget wise, slightly better than the RR. skipped the rear view camera - view is straight down so not as much visibility as RRSC, but parking assist is just about as good. in all, it's made me forget my RRSC, but i still miss the 911 a bit.

supportive sport seats. interior better than the 911. v8 sound! panoramic roof almost as good as a cab. power tailgate very handy.

gas mileage could be better. getting about 12/17, but engine not broken in yet. wish it had the new touchscreen PCM, it's still better than our Mercedes COMMAND interface. needs better/more front cup holders

Wow
By Chizzy

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV GTS Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Worth every penny. Initially purchased the base cayenne with 6 cyl. Later drove the GTS and I was hooked. NO comparison. I Love this car. I have had them all range rover, bmw, lexus... this car blows them all away hands down.

Handling and power.

Not many options included and all are expensive to add. Porsche seems to nickel and dime the customer too much.

Cayenne Transmission Problems
By iso

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had my cayenne for over a year now. I am very much upset at my dealer in Manhattan. I had my transmission stuck on 3rd gear when i had 3,000 miles. They towed and fixed it. Then the same thing happened again when i had about 12,000 miles. They towed and repaired again. But then my dealer did not want to give me a loaner, saying they are all reserved for customers coming for an oil change. I was stuck early in the morning had to pick up my son from school, go see customers and fly overseas that day. I had to rent a car to continue my day. Then i had to replace my oxygen sensor. I had my navigation stuck once so did my horn. I am not very happy honestly planning to get out of my lease.

Porsche Cayenne 2008
By Rob

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Overall I been owing the 2008 Cayenne for 11 months and it is great enjoyment to drive with the combination of delivering good power and good torque from the newly design v6 direct injection engine.

Sport mode that added extra power and rpm with the new engine mgt. program

minor defective founds with mirror motor and the silver plastic mould on the top rear bumper but fixed by dealer.

Cayenne
By KAREN

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 2008 Cayenne is an impressive vehicle.I like everything about it. I liked it so much I bought a Boxster a couple weeks after the Cayenne purchase. Porsche is a quality automobile, way above the rest. I have owned BMW, Audi and Mercedes, and there is no comparison.

Parking assist is appreciated.

The seat memory could be in a different spot.