Used 2014 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Dream performance
By Jorge Cruz

2014 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 7M)

Accessories or add ons affect cost and resale value tremendously. Porsche is a legend. Great all around driver.

A Porsche Lovers Car
By N. Adame

2014 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 7M)

Driving my 911 is the highlight of my day. My first Porsche was a 1995 Porsche 993 and my 991 is every bit as fun to drive. I don't buy Porsche for comfort, tech gimmicks, nor appropriately sized cup holders, I get that from my Lexus sedan. I own a Porsche for its racing history, performance, and responsiveness. The 991 handles as superbly on a road trip at 100 mph as it does on the streets in traffic. The acceleration for this base model is more than enough for where I live in the suburbs. I would recommend the S or Turbo if you need more speed or want to impress your friends. The "rough ride" should tell you that you're driving a true sports car, not an German sedan that goes fast in a straight line while you search the web and talk on the cell phone. Porsche enthusiast will appreciate the value in the 911, all others need not apply.

What a superb car!
By Laurent C.

2014 Porsche 911 GT3 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 7AM)

A (exceptionally good) car for the track or very good roads. Not designed to be driven on bad roads, unless you love to visit your back doctor!

It's a street-able race car, not a Bentley
By 911 Jack

2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 7AM)

You don't buy any 911 thinking it's a practical family car! It's an expensive car that costs a lot for parts, service, etc. I've had 2, both 2014 a CarerraS and a Turbo S. I have never had 1 problem!! I was sent to the Porsche drivers school and found out the cars were all brand new (when I was there) and here's the break in: turn them over to student drivers who don't know proper track driving and drive the cr@p out of them. I was told they sell them to selected dealers with full warranty/extended if the buyer purchases it, and all they do is change the oil and tires. Their purchasers know of this arrangement and there is apparently a waiting list for these cars. To me that spoke volumes. My turbo at the track had 139 miles on it (I could be confusing models) and there was not 1 issue the entire day I was there. If you can afford the price and the prices that go along with such a car, IMHO you can't beat the experience if you like German sports cars. My dealership has an incredibly high repeat customer base. If the cars were "bad" none of the above would be true. I'm sure there are not so great cars that get built, but to act like this is the norm is just wrong. Again I own 2 2014s, and have driven them to death. I bought a Macan based on my 911 experience and while I've only had it a few months, it is built like a tank, with a surprisingly comfortable ride.

991 buyer beware
By Robert

2014 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 7M)

If you lease this car,you can get ride of it due to Porsche 12 month pull ahead program..in 15 months of ownership,my front seat came u stitched twice..PCM replaced twice,low oil light came on engine over heating,on way home from dealer,poor Bluetooth..really only works with I phone..which I got for car!! Finally when I turned on heat..NONE..zero...about as bad as my 1982 911sc with heater boxes..I raced to dealer ASAP pulled ahead and went back to boxster S....so much better...more fun..the stiff ride due to 46PSI rear tires made every crack feel like a pothole..BANG!! Boxster quiet ...for price difference..the Boxster is 40K Less..and has 50% more trunk...BTW..there are great deals on boxsters here in conn./Ny..Mine listed at 83k..leased at 69k..only $114.00 down.not a misprint ..7500 miles a year Including maintain program thru Porsche...including all taxes..$844.95 pm..residue $50400.00..I had two dealers at this price...
(1200.00 cost)