Used 2005 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sunfire model:

Awesome, reliable, inexpensive car
By Terrence Simpson

2005 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

If you can find one of these with lower mileage, buy it. These cars are very reliable and have good acceleration. If you live in a winter climate, snow tires turn this car into a little tank!

Peppy little car!
By L. C

2005 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car for work school and town. Easy to get in small places. Great turn radius and plenty of pep on acceleration. Very reliable car .Love the gas mileage! Saves you loads in money on gas!

Good Car, Some Faults
By davyd

2005 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got an '05 Sunfire with roughly 117000 miles on it, it's still going strong! Except the gauges... I'm not sure if it has something to do with the heat, but everything works at night and in the mornings. But everyday after school, after my car has been sitting in the sun for 8 hours, the gauges like to "stick". I don't know if this is happenign to everyone or just me. I think it's a very nice first car, it's got a nice accelation, and gass isn't too terrible on it. But my only problem with it is the Gauges. I'm not sure if it's electrical and can be fixed manually, but if anyone knows anything, please tell me.

Happy so far!
By swimtime7

2005 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We just purchased my first car... 2005 Pontiac Sunfire base with air conditioning being the only option, no power windows, no power locks. It was 4000 with 86,100 miles on it. Obviously, since it's my first car I love it, but seriously this is a fun car to drive, and the 5 speed stick shift just adds to the fun! This is the best year reliability wise for the Sunfire, and in my opinion I think this was the best design of the Sunfire series. I do wish i at least had a cassette or cd player, but until i come up with the $$ for a new head unit, my Belkin Auto FM Transmitter will do just fine. So far so good!

5 speed manual transmission, clutch, looks, electric blue color, 3 spoke hub cap covers, speakers, fun to drive!

At least make cassette standard instead of an AM FM stereo, plastic GM interior is bland and noisy as usual, shift boot is cheap and bracket broke so it moves sometimes when shifting

6 yrs and going strong
By ddeaves

2005 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my little sunfire new in 2005. I got the sport package with the snazzy wheels and side designs. I have had more complements on this Electric Blue car, than my red mustang! It just looks FAST and sporty. I'm not even a big fan of blue, but people love it. I have never had to do a thing to it, just reg. oil changes, runs great. I only have 35,000 miles on it, but I'm pretty rough on a car, and it has done well, and is still BEAUTIFUL. I have the 5 speed manuel, gets good gas mileage, about 33 hwy, 25 in town. My kids all say it is a really rough passenger ride, but as the driver, I don't notice it. It has a lot of get up and go (torque).