Used 1998 Plymouth Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Neon for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Best Car I've Had so Far!

Ana, 07/12/2010
Highline 4dr Sedan

I'm seeing a lot of comments about the head gasket breaking and i have never had that problem before. the car makes a lot of noise when you accelerate but once you get to your speed it drives great. its a fast little bugger! on the highway it starts to shake at about 70 but is ultra smooth. have never had to replace anything major expect the radiator and cooling fans. for the past 3 years the FM reception doesn't work but i don't really mind even though I'm thinking of replacing the radio. the only thing i really dislike is that after having it for 6 years it has started to rust on the roof and the paint is chipping off. it doesn't give it an appealing look.

I hate it

jacki_chan73, 11/13/2012
Expresso 4dr Sedan

This car is terrible. I have owned it for about a year and a half and it sucks. I have to work on it constantly, and have had to make many repairs. The dash will quit working and the only way to fix it is to push on the glass to get it working, and even then the speedometer goes crazy. It is a zippy car, but it shakes really bad if you go 60 or above, which sucks for long drives. The interior isn't so bad, but if you're tall like me, opt for a different car, leg room sucks and it's pretty much on the ground, I have to practically roll out of the car to get out. I've replaced the tires, spark plugs, battery four times (for some reason it shorted out constantly, really bad wiring)

The Neon's not so bad!!!!

Neon Lover17, 03/22/2004
Highline 4dr Sedan

Yes, I had the common head gasket problem, but it was fixed at no cost to me, and I had an oil leak, so what, I fixed it for $20. I've had no other problems with it, and I've put over 100K miles on the car! So all the one's who's bashing the neon are over exaggerating. The car has a a problem or two, there is NO SUCH THING as a car with no problems. There just isn't on out that is maintenance free! You can look 'til your eyes fall out, you just won't find one!

still rolling

neonite, 06/18/2002
Expresso 4dr Sedan

I've had nothing but fun and good luck with my neon. I've put 130,000 hard miles on it and nothing major has gone wrong yet. I feel like the car is a bit underpowered at low rpm's, but it's pretty peppy once you get it rapped up. If I was going to do it over again, I would opt for the five-speed over the auto trans just because it is hard to keep the engine in its power band when you only have three gears. But even with the automatic, if you step on it, it will go.

Fun and Fast

Dan the Man, 04/03/2008
Expresso 4dr Sedan

My Neon has been a blast to drive. From the moment you touch the throttle and hear the engine roar, to the smooth cornering on the back roads of PA, even to an occasional street race or two, this car has some serious get up and go! The fuel mileage on the highway is impressive!