Used 2015 Nissan Versa Sedan Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan Versa Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

3-Year Owner
By Scott Lambert

2015 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Have had my Versa S-Plus since Aug. 2015. Only minor inconvenience I've noted is: no keyhole lock on passenger side--would've made it easier to open the rear right-side door. Otherwise very pleased with it. I drive 68 miles round trip to work, and have 50,000 miles on it. No engine, trans, or electronic problems to date. (8/9/18).

a rolling wreck
By Robert Dauphin

2015 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

You need to know that a Nissan has the worst transmission "on" the road today!! The dealer will not fix it and FORGET about Nissan even owning up to the problem they created. I have had my Nissan for 1 year and 6 months ago my transmission started going out,the dealer said,bring it in and we will charge you $165.00 to check it out and $4200.00 to replace the transmission! I made a terrible mistake buying a Nissan,I am retired and thought this would be my last car.Now i will go to the salvage yard and buy anything if it will just run! Anything that is BUT A NISSAN!! Please,for the love of GOD himself,buy a scooter,buy a gremlin,but a scateboard but DO NOT PURCHASE A NISSAN!!

Deathtrap of a car
By Patrick

2015 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car from Enterprise car sales, with about 30,000 miles on it. About 10,000 miles after I purchased the car, with normal driving, the transmission totally failed and needed to be replaced. This was covered under the manufactures warranty, so at least there’s that which makes almost getting stranded in the Mohave Desert somewhat less terrible. About 10,000 miles after that the left rear turn signal went out several times, each of which required a separate repair. About 10,000 miles after that, while driving at pretty much any speed more notably on the freeway, I would lose all ability to accelerate. After taking it to the dealership several times, they figured out that the onboard computer for some reason thought I had my foot on the brakes at random times and was cutting the acceleration, in advertently putting myself and other drivers at risk. About 12,000 miles later, the radiator fan failed, and due to lack of any indication from the car that there was any problem, the car overheated. Got the radiator fan fixed, but now almost immediately after that I am noticing weird jumpiness in the RPMs. Also if I roll both windows up at the same time while idling, The RPMs stutter...?! And different car is idling and I hit the AC button, the whole car jerks and the RPMs drop very low. This car behaves so strangely and poorly, I am nervous and feel unsafe anytime I am driving it. It feels at any moment the car will break down for the last time. I have owned this POS for only about a year and a half, and have taken pretty good care of it. But it seems determined to die. Pretty sure the transmissions going to go again in a month or so. So two transmission replacements while the car is still under 80k miles......wow Nissan. I will never ever buy another Nissan again. I hope that these words prevent another from making the same mistake I did.

Buyer beware!
By steve

2015 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car new in 2015. The mpg is great in this car. That is the highpoint of it. It is really light and gets moved by the wind. Poorly constructed vehicle. My rear spoiler has come unattached twice. The cd player had problems. The transmission went out at 30,000 miles. I did get it repaired under warranty. Please be skeptical if you are thinking about this car. I would never recommend it to anyone.

Poorly constructed vehicle
By Heather

2015 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 SL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned this vehicle for almost 2 years. If you can avoid it, I would not purchase it. While it is a decent car to get from point A to point B with amazing gas mileage, the acceleration is very poor. Merging onto the freeway attempting to go the speed of traffic is very difficult due to the lack of acceleration. The brakes are also nothing to be impressed with, they have a hard time abruptly stopping. I currently have 15,600 miles on my car, I am constantly putting air into the tires and most recently the transmission failed. I am still under the dealership's 2 year warranty so the replacement transmission will be covered this time. However, it's worrisome that a car with so little miles and not even 2 years old is already having such large issues that carry an even larger price tag to repair outside of the warranty.