Used 2014 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

2012 to 2014 Nissans have issues
By BAJ

2014 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Make sure both tail lights have been replaced. There is a known issue, that Corporate will deny, the tail light assembly is hooked up to the transmission. The original tail light internal control panel is prone to malfunctioning. This can (will) send signals to the transmission, including telling the transmission the car should be going in reverse, which is what makes the transmission stutter/stall on acceleration. This happens while the tail light still seems to function properly. The AC unit had to be replaced at 37,000 miles, "because of the Oklahoma heat," except that for 11 years the AC unit in a 1999 Nissan Altima worked just fine in Oklahoma. The shifter solenoid has failed at 58,000 because of possible humidity or maybe somehow a drink was spilled that seeped into the car and broke it... Now I get to wait for the next thing to break on my car.

Never buy this car!!!
By Jennifer

2014 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

This car is absolutely terrible!!! The handling isn’t good in the rain or snow. The CVT transmission is garbage!!!! I have a 2014 and have only had it for two years and a belt broke and since I was gifted it and it was preowned when bought I have no warranty. It ended up a nightmare to try to fix. $4000 for a new transmission and now it seems a head gasket is blown on the motor and I’m screwed!!! Now I get to buy a new car and carry loads of debt. I’ll be trading this pos in.

I don’t recommend this vehicle
By Mandy

2014 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car has poor power and a sloppy transmission. Hesitates on take off and seems to always have code problems with the keyless entry and tire pressure warning lights.The motor is noisy and just doesn’t feel like what new cars feel like these days. I think it’s maybe just a tad bit too cheap and would be better off buying something a little more expensive than to have a vehicle that you hate.

Cvts belong in go carts
By Mirriah

2014 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I’m sure there’s one that doesn’t have this transmission but if you’ve never heard of one then do your homework. It’s a pain to replace,and expensive too! I could on and on but I won’t. And don’t get me started w the other problems I’ve owned this for 6 months and I’m trading it in before it craps the bed on my family and I.

More reliable than your Ford
By Adrian T

2014 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car really holds itself. If you are looking for gimmicks such as Bluetooth or even a touchscreen or being quick or even for it to be a Toyota Landcruiser, you are in the wrong place. This car was built to be a commuter and a highway car. The Versa has great fuel economy and the transmission allows you to shift smoothly albeit you can feel the weigh of the car. This car loves 2nd and 3rd. The boot is spacious and really well-designed. My car is used every day in city 30%- highway 70%. I have changed the oil every 5000 miles with Mobil 1 and the air filter every year or so and will keep on doing till it dies. This car has been really reliable and has not let me down. I have transported up to 10 people in it with no problems. The only thing I dislike is that Nissan did not make this car with a turbo or offer an SR engine.