Used 2014 Nissan Versa Note Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Versa Note Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa Note model:

Trans went out before I even paid for it
By Tia

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 S Plus 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Motor burns oil and CVT Transmission is No Good!!! It went out before I finished paying for the car. It will cost me around $4,000 for a new one with installation. Not worth the money!

Great buy for the money if you are on a budget
By Alex H. Cladakis

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 S Plus 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

My review is based upon owning a Nissan Versa hatchback for two years followed by my purchasing a 2014 Nissan Versa Note as a new car. Although, the engine is only 1.6 liters, it is peppy. The cost of repairs for 130,000 miles that I have driven it is minimal. So far I have had to purchase a set of four tires at 57,000 miles as well as two front tires at 125,000 miles. So far I have had one brake job (front wheels with rotors) in addition to three new wipers and of course the regular oil and oil filter changes. The windshield cracked following a stone hit on the highway but all in all my costs have been relatively cheap. The only concerns that I have had are the following: The front wheel hub bearings usually need to be replaced at around 55-60K miles. At the time of my first bearing replacement they were covered under warranty, although I will state that Nissan America had to get involved since my dealer stated there was no problem. Although my personal mechanic insisted that both bearings were in need of repair. I have to give major kudos to Nissan America for standing behind their product but must state that I would never recommend this dealer in Northern New Jersey to fix my bicycle let alone my car. Now I am coming up to my second set of front wheel bearings in need of replacement. I hope that these items can be purchased in the secondary parts market instead of them being a dealer only item. The transmission on this car is peppy overall although I would state only average due to reading Nissan owners posts stating the sluggishness, at times, was later accompanied by a transmission repair. The interior has two deficiencies, there is a blindspot located in the extreme rear right and left of the vehicle just near the end of the last rear glass window panels before the hatchback. Finally, I live in New Jersey and in the recent years our winters have had extreme wind chills. The front window defroster needs to be in air conditioning mode with the dial set to the highest temperature setting to keep the glass free of frost/condensation buildup on the front windshield.

Blue Skies
By Linda S.

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

So far - less than a month out -- it's a great little car! Comfortable, easy to maneuver and 'peppy.' Also feels substantial -- not like a kiddie car. The color is awesome; I've never gotten to many compliments about a car color -- people smile when they see it ... and so do I.

Cheap
By James Rybicki

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Front end and brakes are very noisy. Very poor on bumpy roads. Very rough ride.

Cute lemon
By Eden

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car bc it was cute and affordable. I just got rid of my car and I owned it less than 3 years and had only 71,000 miles. At 50,000ish miles I had engine leaks and a shot bearing with other issues costing thousands. The only repair covered under warranty was the engine. During the next 20,000 miles I had horrible sounds (knocking) coming from the front every time I pressed and released the breaks and the Nissan dealership kept telling me nothing was wrong but it continued to get worse. I hit a pot hole one day and my spare tire flew out from under my car. Last but not least my transmission started slipping at only 70,000 miles ­čś▓.....bye bye Versa never again!