Used 2005 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews - 260 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Titan

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

a lemon
By bob

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck has cost me more in the 42,000 miles I have put on it than any other truck I have every owned. bought first truck in 1972. Nothing but high priced problems. Doors freeze shut $650.00 kit to fix both doors.no warranty. Both rear seals leaked at 18,000 covered by warranty. Power steering lines needed replace at 25000, no warranty. rear seals and rear axle need replace at 36,000 only cost of axle covered $900.00 for rest. Soaked brakes shot replaced $600. no warranty. front brakes replaced at 40,000 $700 no warranty. If I go for an oil change you know it will be a min of $500 when they get done fixing everything else they find.

Great ride, plenty of power for towing. looks very nice.

build a better truck under the sheet metal and behind the engine.

Drove the hell out of it with no problem
By U. Schacht

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I work in the oil patch driving in the worst conditions. This truck has been on back roads, winter ice roads and where there are no roads and NEVER let me down. I now have 140,000km worry free. The only problem I noticed is that when it gets to minus 40 degrees for some reason it accepts fuel only at a very slow rate. Still no squeaks or rattles like the north American products, great re-sale. The lease is up next Oct. and I will be getting another one.

power, no interior noise, decent stereo. Great extended cab doors ( open 180 degrees )

Turbo charge ( does not need but wow )

Awesome truck!
By SK

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a used Titan with only 24000 miles on it. Incredible truck with great power. Tows my 5000 lb. trailer with ease. Handles great. Super-fast. You hit the gas and the truck flies.

HP!

Better gas mileage, but what do you expect from a 1/2 ton truck with a 5.6 liter engine!

what hasn't broke is a shorter list
By john c

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

here's a list of repairs (that i can remember) rear differential, rear axle shafts, power steering pump, both exhaust manifolds, u joint, front drive shaft, hub assemblies, condenser fan, wiring harness, window leak, air pressure sensors, back up sensors 4x's, rear axle shaft seals, drive shaft seals, rear axle breather, tailgate hinge, power steering lines, power steering tub/hose assembly, throttle speed sensor, anti lock brake sensor

it starts every try

too many to list

THE best pickup I have ever owned
By teckytwo

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned Chevy, Ford, Dodge and Jeep pickups and I tried them all again before buying my Titan. I am getting older so I like my comfort and this pu is very comfortable and my wife feels safe in it. After a really bad accident in a half size pu I decided once again for a full size. I knew it would not have good mileage but this truck is terrific, no mechanical issues, looks great, runs fantastic and the Nissan maintenance is great. Brakes and tires wear out so no issues for me there. It tows like a dream only drawback is the front columns on either side of windshield takes some getting used to looking around it. No complaints, wish I had enough miles on it to justify buying another:o)

Great power,the engine just keeps running no matter what I do or tow. Creature comforts are fantastic, hey so what I am getting older and deserve them.Seats are most comfortable I have ever had in a pickup and love the big electric back window and backdoor windows that roll all the way down.

Front windshield posts need something,need to be able to turn off the outside cab light,tire air pressure sensors need something, would like diesel or propane option, backseat that folds out flat like a bed, roof tracks tapered away from windshield windshield, locking gas lid door