Used 2005 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews - 260 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Titan

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

05 Titan after 2 years
By JP

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After two years I still like this truck. Out of the many vehicles I have owned, this is the best. Great power, comfortable, towing is a breeze. If you are in the market for a ½ ton truck that will work like a ¾ ton, I highly recommend driving the Nissan Titan.

Adjustable foot pedals, interior, sprayed in bed liner, tie-down rail system, and of course power and towing.

Heavy-duty brakes, brakes upgraded once. Upgrade the wheels, Nissan wheels are just standard. Back of passengers seat replaced 3x, keeps coming loose.

Greeeeeat Pickup
By jack

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Titan for over two years with little or no problems. It looks great, runs great, fun to drive and has all the creature comforts. Has great power on and off road, mileage varies according to pedal pressure :o) but if I use cruise it is decent on highway. I have gotten over 20 on one trip, I attribute that to the bed cap, using synthetic oil. It tows great. It is a terrific truck

Electric rear window, windows that go all the way down in the back, POWER! overhead bins, console and lots of room inside front and back

Find a way to turn off the rear cab light manually, need a locking gas cap door, a fold flat rear seat would be really cool, front bumper sensors, diesel engine option, get rid of the tracks on the roof.

It's a winner
By L. Willis

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This has been a fabulous experience as a new truck owner. I needed it to haul horses and travel my daily route across a poorly maintained dirt road in front of my home in outskirts of Phoenix (county land) to work in Scottsdale. It's at home in either place. I've even used my truck to pull cemented fence posts out of the ground and it popped them right out. I've always been a sports car type but I love my Titan!

The power is very clear. A smooth drive.

The secondary fan that cools the engine in hot weather is noisy.

22 Months With '05 Titan
By quattroa4m

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 5th full size truck (Chevy, GMC, Ford, & Dodge) and by far the Titan has been the best experience. The drive-train is second to none, the interior comfort for long hauls is terrific, and the reliability has been rock solid. Yes I did have the brake recall performed (at 32K miles), but it just wasn't a big deal. I'm very picky about braking, handling, and performance and it was pretty obvious that the front rotors were undersized. Since I was using the truck as a long distance runner, it just wasn't a big deal.

Performance and interior comfort are quite impressive. Ability to haul loads (within rated capacity) exceptional!

Interior plastics need to be upscaled a bit. Granted it's a V8, but tweaking the gas mileage would be greatly appreciated. Get rid of the stock Goodyear tires! Nothing hurts the perception of a vehicle more that when a manufacturer shods it with tires from the lowest bidder.

Titan
By KYACE

2005 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Just an awesome truck, great power, great looks and towing. I had this thing in deep mud up to bottom of doors while hauling a bobcat, never even slowed down.

The body, and the room inside and also the bed.

Dash, inside of doors and bigger seats.