2018 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

My trusty nissan...
By Michael

2018 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Make sure you get what your paying for...im use to a jeep and this is so compact that I feel like I'm on the ground. I wanted a SUV or pick up but this Nissan sentra was what I was offers with no say so. Don't get me wrong I give thumbs up for this car if you like small cars.im a big guy they should have suggested a bigger vehicle and for what I pay ...i should of been more demanding on what I want. But I hope I could refinance and never missing a payment I should get my pick up..but the car is great.

One Day Owner
By Gaines Evans

2018 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We bought our first Nissan yesterday, after a lot of research; my wife thought she wanted a VW Jetta, but decided it was too big. We looked at the Honda Civic, but like the other guy said, Honda thinks their cars are made out of gold. I have a friend that put 260K miles on a 1999 Maxima, and another 200K on a 2000 Altima, so I feel pretty confident going with Nissan. My wife loves her new car! And with our $6000 trade-in value, we came out with no down payment, and only financing $9000.....that comes to $187/month with 0% APR. I'm looking forward to driving it myself - I've only ridden shotgun, but it felt tight and composed for an economy car. Our sales woman (22 year old girl) knew her stuff, and was well-versed in car sales; she did what we asked of her, and didn't push more on us than we initially discussed. My wife's demands were automatic transmission, CD player, and backup camera.

Cures most of the ills of the non-turbo Sentra
By Mitch

2018 Nissan Sentra SR TURBO 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

About 8 years ago I leased a 2010 Sentra at the request of my wife, who was in love with the basketball color leather seats. It was the lamest car I ever owned (slow, no style, low tech even for then). Forward to 2018, when it came time to turn in my leased 2016 Jetta Sport for a new compact car. We tested the usual suspects: 2018 Honda Civic Turbo, 2018 Mazda3, 2019 Jetta. The Civic was by far the best car, but Honda dealers believe that their cars are made of gold, with diamond accents (first quote for basic turbo sedan, no money down, was $580.00 per month!) so the Honda was eliminated. The Mazda3 was a nice car (I had previously leased THIRTEEN Mazdas over 20 years, so I'm a fan) but didn't really feel impressed. The 2019 Jetta was nicely done, but the weak engine was a turn off. Finally, we went to our local Nissan dealer where we leased a 2017 Maxima (great car) at a fantastic price. My wife again suggested a Sentra, except this time the SR Turbo. A winner! Fast, comfortable, good looking, handles well, fully loaded (premium package with CVT) and much less expensive than all the others.

Smaller engine less miles.
By Rein moffith

2018 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

i Drive 110 miles 4 days a week. I’m down to half a tank in only 55 miles. (Highway miles ). Dealer said because it’s a smaller tank 😐 really.

Nissan
By Martell Waite

2018 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Get preappoved