Used 2014 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Smoke and mirrors
By Adam

2014 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This car looks like a great car. It's even labeled like a great car (SR). It is far from a great car! It is designed after the toy planes that you have to turn the the propeller the to whine the rubberband to fly. You are constantly waiting for power to transfer to the wheels. The "CVT" is always searching for the right "gear" and the motor is begging loudly for the "CVT" to JUST FIND A "GEAR". The seating is basic uncomfortable and the interior matches. The touch screen is small and unresponsive. Seems to be the theme. They replaced the front struts at 20,000 miles which was under warranty. It does very well at saving gas as we average 38 mpg. With all this said, it does serve the purpose we bought it for.

Wms Wheels
By NancyW

2014 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have the base model of the 2014 Sentra, and I was surprised when I discovered it didn't have cruise control b/c I use the tollway and use that feature often on long trips. I have made some upgrades, such as interior accent lighting, upgraded LED exterior and interior lighting upgrades rear speakers and stero with backup camera and navigation from my phone to the interior monitor. I have to say that I have fallen in love more with the vehicle now that I have put my stamp on it!!! I have still had excellent service throughout the whole process of purchasing & maintaining service vehicle and I am happy with my vehicle thus far! Great work, keep it up Nissan of St. Charles IL !!!

Disliked my car the minute I got it home
By unhappy

2014 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Check carfax, work with honest dealers, Dan Goben's NOT HONEST. Will never buy a car from Dan Goben's again, ever. Shocks are poor on certain roads (bounces). Stopping in snow very difficult. Getting over drifts impossible. Got stuck already this year.

Don't Buy one
By MaryAnn

2014 Nissan Sentra FE+ SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had a problem with a mold and mildew smell whenever I first put on the air conditioner. I have had it in to the dealer 4 times to be fixed. They even replaced the air conditioning unit. It's ok for a while -- but then it always comes back. It's definitely a design flaw -- and cannot be fixed. They tried to tell me it's because of Florida heat & humidity -- but I shut them down with that. No one else I know down here has that problem I'm convinced it is just a poor design problem.

Piece of crap
By Shirley

2014 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my vehicle new in 2014 with only 14 miles. I am the only driver and drive 70 miles round trip 5 days a week. Since, owning this car I have had 4 transmission that has been installed by the dealer. The local dealer has install all free expect 1. I had to pay 1000. 00 cause I was only given a 12 month warranty and the transmission went out in 14 months. I will never buy another nissan. This car is a piece of crap when it comes to reliability.