Used 2011 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Issues with the shocks/struts, mass airflow
By Ric M

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Nissan has terrible design when it comes to the mass airflow of the engine. Diagnostics will point to the mass airflow sensor and fuel sensor when it may be the plastic boot that is cracking and having issues after 5 years. They will call it "normal wear and tear" and they even have a CBS out to the maintenance operations to replace this. However, due to an inspection calling these out and taking to O'Reilly Auto Parts, we bought a two sensors for $400 and it didn't fix the issue. Nice. Now I am having to have the dealership replace the boot, charging us for a rental car while the do the work and more. And, I also had issues when a fuse melted in the driver side interior fuse panel and we can't use the charger port in the car and we have issues with the CD area and controls for the AC/Heat running hot. I NEVER had this issue for my 2002 Altima or with my Honda CRV or Toyota Corolla. I question buying used cars from the dealership in Richardson, TX.

Timing chains related issues
By Ali

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Nissan non cooperative company. Only have 106k miles oil pump not working they use the tool special design by Nissan. I go dealer they dont sell to me. I fix myself. They dont sell socket to me . They sell used Nissan car. There are more people on you tube having same issues.any used car could be batter than Nissan.inever đź‘‚ heard nobody sell those special socket now only for socket i can't do more work.

No shop manual
By Haveaniceday

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

If you want to work on this car, the overpriced (over $200) and almost useless DVD is no good. When I bought cars in the past, I could get a great shop manual for much less money from the manufacturer. Also, in very cold weather, the CVT transmission will go very slow until the car warms up. Other than those things, I think the car is a very good value. I think the interior is very comfortable. The mpg is very good at 33. Unfortunately, I had to pay $2000 extra ($18000 total) because Japan was having a problem with the big storm.

Comfortable, reliable, low cost of ownership!
By M F

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

If you want a spacious, economical, dependable car with very good power for fuel efficiency and overall cost, this car is great!

Very slow CVT transmission until warmup
By barry hillman

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

In very cold weather, the CVT transmission makes the car go very slow until warm-up. It is very annoying. After warm-up, the car runs fine. I paid about $18000 for the car. It was about $2000 more than usual because of Japan's problem with nuclear power plant. It still was a good deal.