Used 2010 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Beware buying Nissan sentra
By ANDREW

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

2010 NISSAN SENTRA At 85k miles the ECU does not work, catalytic converter was plugged-poor quality. CVT Transmission have hard time shifting, going up the hill the RPM goes high. Fixing the ECU you have to go to the dealer no one else can do it besides it's a long waiting line in the dealership.

Sentra getra
By Jay ramsey

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Cheaper than the competition; a good value. 72,000 miles, extended warranty. Problem limited to CV. Solonoids wouldn't activate after being overheated in long turnpike leg. Wouldn't shift back to low upon stopping, necessitating sart up in high. Nissan dragged their feet admitting they had a problem. Otherwise, gearless transmission works great, very smooth.

Great potential but far from Perfect
By Chase

2010 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car from a car and kind of regretted it the dude that sold it to me had it all messed up. Starting off Radio and speaker system. I had 2 speakers missing from the front car, Radio connections for usb and aux were totaled, completely unusable. Around 1500 in repairs under the hood including engine mount struts. I will say the amp was still working real good powering the subs but later removed the rear speaker setup in favor of 3 way 6x9. I took a look to try and upgrade the exhaust system to borla and noticed a very big difference in power. The issue that the other se-r spec v owner was talking about power, I learned that rear part of the exhaust system did not have a gasket for the exhaust and likely was causing backpressure and making him lose power. I was having that issue as well and nearly got rid of the entire issue, there is a small sign of it still there. The engine. Boy that thing is quick for a 4 cylinder i've ran the thing near redline a couple of times and i never get sick of the torque that it pumps out once it gets going. But i will say my dad's 2006 v6 mustang seems to get better gas mileage out of my car and i drive mixed between city and highway and normally get 24 to 25 MPG on the premium gas. Now for the interior. Hard annoying plastic. I will say it looks alright with the way it's setup but the plastic part turns me off. The seats are nice and relatively comfortable. The seats themselves look pretty nice and sporty. The body style kind of turns me off, but with the small things here and there it certainly helps to get the car looking much better. The car itself is fairly spacious and roomy. I am 5'11" and i still have around 3-4 inches when sitting straight up. It had plenty of cargo but the seats do not roll down so you could ding it there. But the glove box is like a suitcase, So Roomy! Overall i enjoy the car more than i don't like it and it has a lot of potential. But, like every car you can't have it all.

Love my 2010 Sentra!!
By Mel

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I got this car brand new and haven't had any problems with it. I currently have 133k miles on it and am now having to put minor money into it for routine age/mileage repairs. I've almost driven the wheels off of it and it is still a reliable work horse. I'd buy another one of I could! Great car!!!

Don't walk RUN from Nissan Sentra!!!
By Teresa West

2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I would trade my 2010 nissa sentra for just about any other car on the road. Admittedly, I put a lot of miles on my car due to my job. But I purchased because of its claim of great gas mileage and extremely low maintenance. 200,000 miles later, I am looking at replacing the tranny for the second time (first one went out just over 100Kmiles, and just after warranty of course) Today, it needs another tranny and an engine rebuild. I now have spent almost as much on maintenance and repairs as i did on the original loan--of which still owe $7K Guess how much its worth for trade-in? Thats right,a whopping $750 i can scrap it for more, which is what I will probably have to do. no help from nissa
DUMPED IT AT THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY!!!!!!!