2021 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...17

Pros
Cons
1 out of 5 stars

Great SUV.....WHEN NOT IN SHOP EVERY OTHER DAY!

Nick McDonough , 07/10/2021
SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my 2021 Nissan Rogue SV Premium Edition for 2 months now. More than half the time it has been in the shop. CVT issues strike again! 2300 miles and the SUV buckles when merging onto the highway, RPMs shoot up to 5-7 when the vehicle is at 15 mph preventing it to accelerate. If it wasn't for the quick instincts of the driver coming at me, I would have been in a horrific accident due to no acceleration coming out of a side street. This vehicle has been nothing but problematic since purchasing, which is really too bad.

CVT malfunction

Kenny , 04/06/2021
SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just purchased a brand new rogue 7 days ago and yesterday I took it to the freeway to test the propilot and after 5 minutes the warning light was on and said CVT malfunction Service not available. I pulled off to a stop turned off the engine and restart again. The warning light was gone. I got back to the freeway again and turned the autopilot again and about 3 minutes warning light on again. I can't turned it off so had pulled over and stopped the engine and restart again this time the CVT malfunction light was gone but engine check light was on and can't turned it off. I called the dealer and dropped the car off for them to fix it. It was frustrated when you spent over $32k for a brand new car and only last for 120 miles and had to go to the shop. Never experience anything like this before on a new car. Very disappointed, should have gone for a different brand.

23 hours old

Sad days Nissan , 03/12/2021
S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Do not buy. 2021 Nissan Rogue 23 hours old and 170.0 miles suffered catastrophic engine failure. Worst part is that Nissan left my parents who are in their 80’s on the side of the freeway in the middle of nowhere and car can’t charge phone and it’s cold and raining with semi trucks passing them and hazard lights will not work. Nissan says we are sending a truck but we are going to leave you on the side of the road and you need to call Uber or negotiate with the tow company. Nissan’s response put their lives in danger for over 4 hours. My mom and dad are terrified of this car and Nissan’s response.... I will bet everything I own that Honda or Toyota’s response would have been way better and It’s not possible to be any worse...

ad labelAd
Build Your Rogue®
At a Glance:
  • 9 Colors
  • 4 Trims

Better technology but overpriced

Pat, 02/12/2021
SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I recently upgraded my 2018 Rogue SV for a Rogue SV 2021. I love the new exterior design, and new safety technology. However, I failed to review the new Rogue SV features before I went to a dealership. The sales guy focused on showing me the new features and never mentioned what was taken away from the 2018 SV nor I asked for it. Now I am very disappointed that my 2018 SV had more convenient features than my 2021 SV and yet I paid more for the 2021 car. Rogue SV 2021 doesn't include: Motion-Activated Liftgate -kick sensor Power liftgate- Keyfob-opening & closing Blind spot sensor (alarm sound is very low) power heated front seats Divide-N-Hide and multi-level Cargo System Power height-adjustable liftgate After this rip-off, I will think it twice before I lease another car from Nissan again. They overpriced the New Rogue SV, and if you want the old standard SV features, you would have to go for the SL trim and of course pay at least $5000 or more than an SV.

Unimpressed

Cindy, 02/04/2021
S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought this car and have had it for 32 days and the computer is making the service light come on. I just took it to the dealer and they said the entire computer needs to be changed and is why the check engine light keeps turning back on.

12345...17