Used 2005 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

Used Pathfinder for Sale
Select your model:
12345...74

Pros
Cons

Not Sure what to think anymore

Hextreme2000, 02/06/2010
SE Off Road 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well at only 61K barely out of powertrain warranty my engine needed to be replaced. First was the catalytic converter. Replaced under warranty, got the truck back and started burning oil, NIssan 23 in NJ where I bought it, worst customer service and would never buy or service any car there, they said I needed new engine $7k repair. Called Nissan corporate and they have been helpful and covered the repair at another dealer since I have been a loyal customer for years. No complains about Nissan corporate and their service but still I don't feel confident that I won't have more problems with my Pathy. I love Nissans and I def love my Pathfinder but have not had good luck with its reliability

Nissan quality sinks

welshy, 11/24/2010
SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely problematic and the reviews don't tell the issues that this generation is experiencing. Problems to date at mile occurred Fuel sending unit 57K Front U -Joint 57k Catalytic converters (all) 71K Engine 75k (due to converter failure, pieces got into the engine) transmission failure do to design issue with radiator (class action lawsuit pending, I have luckily not had this issue to date)

Crap, it happened to mine also!

Paul, 12/01/2010
SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ok, I just bought this pathfinder and traded my other 2 decent vehicles in on it thinking that since this is a Nissan it would last forever and it was newer than my other 2/well as soon as I bought it it started jerking bad and come to find out it is of course the trans and radiator/and as of right this minute it has been in shop for over a week having trans rebuilt and radiator replaced at the expense of the car dealership luckily. I love this vehicle but Nissan needs to step up to the plate and fix their junky parts! Once the radiator leaks antifreeze in trans it is messed up. Good luck and hopefully mine will be like new now

Is It a Good One?

jaredsalinger, 03/07/2011
LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Recently, Nissan mailed me a warranty extensions on the radiator, because it might fail and leak coolant. Some 2005 Pathfinder owners have had the radiator fail, causing coolant to leak into the transmission and ruin it. I contacted my Nissan dealerships (2 in my area), and they tell me that there is no fix, and that the radiator has to fail before they can replace it. Really, Nissan?! Well then, I'm sorry, but I cannot support an automaker who engages in such practices. Ironically, my Pathfinder has been a great vehicle. So now, I'm left wondering if I got a good one, or if it's just a ticking time bomb.

Problems solved, hopefully

dargon, 12/12/2010
SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased in July, 2010 with 82k miles on it from dealership without knowing what issues the vehicle had. After reading all the reviews I took preemptive measures and replaced the radiator myself, $200. Evap code tripped on the way home from dealership same day of purchase. Took evap canister out, found out a tab holding the evap valve in place was insufficient and zip tied the crud out of it and haven't had a problems with it. According to carfax report the fuel sender had already been replaced. Haven't had an issue with it since, but transmission has always made a small clacking noise when it makes its first shift after start-up, hope this is normal.

12345...74