Used 2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Maxima for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...40

Pros
Cons

Well-Produced but Check engine problems(light only)

superflykhaeyo, 10/01/2012
GLE 4dr Sedan

+PROS:Looks GREAT inside/out, FUN TO DRIVE, and i get on the highway and never have to slow down, i floor it and im already caught up to traffic. The FOLD-IN side-mirrors help avoid hit-and-run parking lot drivers. -CONS:The suspension is so/so, the ride is just as harsh as a school bus as far as suspension, and its hard to block the sunlight sometimes, My check Engine light would NOT go off no matter how well the car was running, even after i replace the parts the obd reader told me to because The COIL PACKS&O2sens must be original manufactured, meaning mainly dealer parts but some websites have them at wholesale prices from the factory. OTHERWISE the light wont go off even with no faults

Brilliant

dreamshot, 07/25/2011
SE 4dr Sedan

After driving around my parents cars during my four initial driving years, I felt it was time for my own. After some extensive research, I decided on the Maxima. This car has been nothing but reliable and really fun. It has ample passing power and still turns heads at 11 years old. Can't get enough of it and would recommend it to anyone. Also --- At 6'2'' I do just barely fit....

Good Performance but

joenoles1, 08/30/2010
GLE 4dr Sedan

powerful engine and very comfortable ride. There are some common problems with this vehicle namely, brakes due to crappy rotors, ignition coils, MAF and suspension issues. I have over 150k miles and it has been an excellent vehicle.

Best Car I've Owned

SoonToBeME, 11/28/2008
GLE 4dr Sedan

My car has 191,000 miles and she's still purring. Most reliable car I've ever owned. I am astounded at the people on here who spent $600-$700 dollars on ignition coils. Yes, four of mine have been replaced, but it's as simple as a couple screws and a plug. I got mine for $50/ea. and installed them myself. I'm no mechanic. I'll drive this car till the engine dies, and honestly I don't see that happening for a long time. Great car, and if you're here you're thinking of buying one. My suggestion is absolutely do it... you'll never regret it.

10 years of fun and reliability

Maxxed-In, 09/11/2010
SE 4dr Sedan

I put 75k miles on my Max in the first 3 years, no probs other than ignition coils. 28k miles in the next SIX years, only prob has been an O2 sensor (front $$$). This Max has simply been EXTREMELY reliable and FUN (I won't say how fun). This was the last Max made in Japan, I can't speak for US made models.

12345...40