Used 2013 Nissan Leaf Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Leaf Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Leaf model:

Used ones offer value
By Bill

2013 Nissan Leaf SV 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Great commuter or around town if total commute 50 miles or less. Outside of that you’ll experience range anxiety.

Everything I wanted in a EV at the right price.
By Seth

2013 Nissan Leaf S 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Check battery health and charging features. Overall I am very happy with my leaf. My friends and family are really impressed with my EV. This is definitely the future. Never going back to combustion powered drivetrains. The mess, maintenance and pollution was not an option for me.

We fight over who gets to drive it
By Mr. Light

2013 Nissan Leaf S 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I purchased a used 2013 Leaf (lease return) with 30k miles for $6400. What other car can you do that with? It's like a brand new car, very tight and quiet with no rattles or annoying noises. At the time it had full bars but we lost one around 35k miles. We had been a one car family (2007 Lexus RX350) for a number of years until our kids started getting into a lot of after school activities and we found ourselves needing a second car.......but still only once in a while. I was originally looking at the Fiat 500e because the lease deals are ridiculously cheap but the car is a shoebox. The Leafs are similarly priced but a lot more car for the money. Then I saw what they were going for used and decided to pull the trigger. I waited until a good deal showed up, talked the gentleman down a little more and drove off with a 2.5 year old car for a little more than $6k. My wife is very particular and will nitpick about the smallest details. I assumed this would be my car and I'd use it those 4-5 times a month that we need a second car. Go figure........my wife LOVES the car! I mean, I do too but I'll drive just about anything and be happy. We've only had it 3 months and we're hooked. I don't know that I'll ever buy another gas car. We've only put gas in the Lexus a few times as it really only gets used for longer trips now, sitting unused for weeks on end. I was a little hesitant to buy this car because the car reviewers typically give it average ratings. I'm not sure what it takes to make them happy because I've owned just about every car under the sun, including some very nice ones and this is my favorite. We live in a warm part of southern california so I'm a little apprehensive about what the heat is going to do to the battery but the way I see it is: even if the battery completely dies in a few years, I'm still ahead of the game because it costs almost nothing to drive. Our electricity bill has gone up about $30 a month which is a quarter of what we were paying in gas and aside from tires there's literally no maintenance. When this thing dies we'll be moving onto either a Bolt or Tesla Model 3 as the range is the only complaint I have of this car.

Update 6/14/18
Still love the car but we no longer fight over it because I bought myself a 2015 Volt. For as much as I love the Leaf, I love the volt even more and it's a much more practical car as it gets rid of anxiety range. It's also a LOT more comfortable, I've done 300+ mile trips with no aches or pains. It was more expensive but it's in a different class of car, much more refined. Although my wife still prefers the Leaf because there cabin feels more spacious. We don't fight over the Leaf anymore :)

Great car
By sandeep singh

2013 Nissan Leaf S 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Absolutely love the leaf ....don't have anything bad to say about it....

2013 Nissan Leaf SV
By Keith W

2013 Nissan Leaf SV 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Purchased used in 2017. Car has 36K miles but still has full bars or 84 miles fully charged. My commute is 55 miles daily which fits into Leaf's range well. Using Eco mode I usually return with >25 miles left. My commute is through two lane highway at speed limit of 50, which also fits Leaf well. Worst part of the commute is a big uphill about two miles, after which my range will be reduced by 10 miles, then the downhill will recover about 5 miles through regen. In NoCal heater is rarely needed that also helps my decision to buy Leaf. This car has adequate acceleration and good ride, I like the seats (firmer as I need). I'm happy driving past gas stations. Charging hasn't been problem and the trickle charger works just fine during night time. Overall very satisfied.