2020 Nissan Kicks Hatchback Consumer Reviews

$19,070

Save as much as $1,558
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

My Kicks 2020 experience in points..3106 Miles now

Andy, 05/29/2020
SR 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

1-The car is really light and "City" nimble, also on an open road it will gradually gets to high speeds with good control yet if it is a windy day on the highway then the lightness of the car will not be much of grace as you might need extra grip on the steering and also the fuel efficiency will be a bit negatively affected. 2-CVT is not a crime but I personally do not like the car reaching almost 5000 or 6000 RPM just to get a little bit of extra acceleration...such nimble car would have excelled more with a regular Automatic transmission. 3-The ride is not that bumpy but you surely feel the details of every rock or pot-hole...maybe all crossovers are as such but the previous sedans I drove were better on this aspect. 4-Turning radius and car size is a bless in crowded cities but the Kicks would normally four adults...squeezing a fifth person might not be a very good idea. 5-The seats are NASA-inspired zero gravity...yet the downside of this aspect is that normal every non-human object you put on the car "shopping bags - bottles - ...." would heavily roll back and forth with every U-turn or relatively strong braking. 6-The hill start assist is good but do not expect to rev the engine and really increase the speed if a road is sloping upwards for like a mile or two...it would just take some time to get to the needed speed which bring us to the point that car the little underpowered with 1.6L and onlt 149NM torque with almost 120 HP that might not give you a sporty feeling. 7-Again..that CVT revving to get fast acceleration could be really loud "even if its for 2-3seconds" which some may find uncomfortable. I like the Kicks but Nissan should have given the car more power indeed.

From a Juke to a Kicks

Kicks Girl, 03/04/2020
SR 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I’ve driven my new Kicks for over 5,000 miles. I’m a commuter. I had a first edition Juke for 7 years and the engine blew at 90,500 miles... I loved the Juke and the get-up-and-go power but after facing replacing and engine and turbo... I decided that wasn’t entirely important. The dealership did right by me and my broken Juke and I had my eye on the black SR Kicks.. I’m a larger person (tall and chubby) and I don’t find the Kicks uncomfortable at all.. I love the look, it gets great mileage and while it doesn’t have that super power of a Juke, it’s not that bad.. I do well on the highway at rush hour... I have no real complaints.. so far it’s a good little car.. when it rains hard the front end camera gets disabled often.. but overall.. I’m pleased..

Very comfortable to drive & fuel efficient

Canada Drives, 10/18/2020
SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

With an hp-122 I’m very impressed how comfortable driving in highway although many people saying bad reviews about it. I chose SV Trim because I didn’t like the orange stitching interior on SR. It lacks of storage on armrest but have large cargo space. It lacks of AWD option but FWD made it more fuel efficient.

Ad
Build Your Kicks®
At a Glance:
  • 8 Colors
  • 3 Trims

Excellent mileage, and good comfort with premium

James, 09/22/2020
SR 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

So far I am averaging 34.4. Miles per gallon with 80 percent city stop and go and 20 percent highway. My best highway mile per gallon was 46.9 for a 147 miles trip at 70 mph. The radio is good with the Bose, the zero gravity seating is excellent for trips. Acceleration is good for the size and weight of the car with a cvt transmission and stopping distance has not be an issue, I have been pleased with the stopping distance; although I am not in the car for speed and late stopping due to not paying attention to surroundings and trafffic.

Climate control is trash

Mike, 03/17/2021
SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2020 Nissan Kicks SV with 7100 miles on it. It wasn't cold when I test drove it, so didn't test the heat. Huge mistake. This car has the auto climate control system. It blows hot at 62 and cold at 61. And when I say hot, I mean melt your face hot. I assumed it was just the auto climate control so I put it on manual. Same thing. If it's cold outside it blows extremely hot at 62 and cold at 61. After driving awhile it cools off some and eventually blows cold at 62. No way to get comfortable in this car. Either cold or hot, no in-between. Have been to the dealer and was told it is functioning as designed. Contacted Nissan, they also said they contacted the mechanics(same mechanics apparently) and it was functioning as designed. I have flagged down 4 Kicks owners in parking lots and 3 had no issues with the heat, 1 had the same issue I have. If it was designed this way shouldn't all kicks owners have the same issue? Seems like a flaw to me. Also, the headlights get brighter under acceleration. Not the auto dim feature, lights just get slightly brighter, almost like fog lights have been turned on. This car doesn't have fog lights. Interior lights do the same. Dealer mechanic said, and I quote, "We tested a brand new kicks (2021) and it's doing the same thing. It's just because Nissan uses weird alternators and there is a fluctuation in the voltage". Really? Shouldn't the system be designed to level that out? Pretty sure it is. I asked another mechanic about it and he couldn't tell me if it was normal or not due to the alternator being controlled by the computers algorithms and he was unsure what it was supposed to do. This was a 28 year Nissan mechanic. Unreal. I used to believe that Nissan was a quality brand. My dad had a small Nissan truck from the 90's that lasted forever. I no longer consider Nissan anything other than junk. And, honestly, the customer service at the dealers that I am dealing with is absolutely abysmal. Run, don't walk, far away from this vehicle and thank me later. Great gas mileage, but nothing but headaches.