Used 2008 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Nissan
By Eric rothausrn

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Had to replace water pump 3 times due to engine vibration wearing out the bearings.

not even worthy of a lemon
By Craig

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Any truck will be better. From day one with doors that were not lined up and would not shut without slamming even after being replaced to replacing transmission and radiator and starter and transmission cooler. Dash looked like a Christmas tree and dealer wanted $2,000.00 just for the module that would tell them what the problem was. Never had such an awful vehicle.

2008 Nissan Frontier Excellent Mid-Size Truck!!
By Mark W

2008 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this 2008 Nissan Frontier LE 4WD CC 6ft bed brand new and recently sold it in 2018 (kept it 10 years). I've owned Toyotas (1994, 2004) before and I have to say that they are pretty comparable, in terms of performance and reliability. The Nissan had excellent power and decent fuel economy for the 4.0 liter V-6. The low-end torque is fantastic, I was never feeling like it was underpowered. The transmission was very smooth shifting and dependable, no problems whatsoever. The 4wd system, especially with the active electronic limited slip system (which even works in 4WD), worked flawlessly. Whether it was snow, mud, off-road trails, etc. my Frontier handled it like a champ. The combination of it's modest size and weight really helped. The design of the Frontier is really well-thought out as well. The Utili-Trak system with the moveable tie-down cleats and optional bed extender were super useful during the 10 years I owned this truck. The comfort and convenience features of the truck were fantastic. Keep in mind, this was a 10 year old truck, so it can't compare to today's trucks that have many more safety, entertainment and creature comforts. But for it's timeframe, Nissan did a great job giving us plenty of great features. The only reason I finally sold my Frontier is because my kids (who were little when I bought it back in 2008) grew up and I had to get a full-size crew cab truck. Otherwise, I'd still have the Nissan today.

Miss my Frontier so much!
By S. B.

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2008 Crew Cab Nissan Frontier brand new, intending to drive it for 30 years or so, and planning to "hand it down" to my son when he got old enough to drive. I drove it for 8 years, then gave it to my son, who only got to drive it for about a year before someone plowed into it while it was parked and totaled it :( It was a really awesome truck--I absolutely loved it. Super comfortable, good for city driving or highway driving, handled well, drove well, didn't nickle-and-dime me on maintenance, super functional, good looking truck. Not ridiculously big, or uselessly small--just right. The interior plastic materials were a bit clunky looking, and it had the turn radius of an aircraft carrier, and handling the stiff steering wheel was a great upper body workout. The paint held up really well--still flawless after being parked outdoors for 9 years, but the black trim was in need of reconditioning. The cloth on the seats was very rugged--it was kind of waffled...I forget what they called it, but it was very durable and helped keep the seats cool. I used to joke about bringing the seats into the house because they were more comfortable than my favorite recliner. The cam position sensors did go out--the truck suddenly lost electrical power and shut off when driving around 35-40 mph twice, and gas mileage decreased noticeably over a few weeks' time before it was diagnosed and repaired. That was the only problem I ever had with it. It had one recall that was quickly fixed. It was an all around great vehicle. I really miss it, and if you're an experienced driver looking to buy one, go for it!

Pleasantly Suprised
By Mike Kelley

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle used, I read many reviews on this vehicle and while the Star value from all sites were 4.5 or higher I saw a mixed review of how people perceived the vehicle. Overall Since I've owned the vehicle I couldn't be more happy as a 6ft tall male weighing 195lbs its quite comfortable. Pros would be lots of leg room, Quiet Ride, plenty of upfront storage, Good gas mileage(Based on weight, motor size and size of vehicle. Lets face the facts its a 4 dr Truck weighs a couple tons not a small car weighing in at a buck fifty). CONs only one I can think of think of would be a bit more storage space.