Used 2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Great small truck
By Ronald Rehm

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great small truck,With 170K on a 14 year old truck,never a problem with it.Its been all over the country,23 miles per gallon.Its a 4 cyl.,so there have been times when I would have liked a little more power,but over all it is a great truck,loves to run down the Hwy at 75 all day long

Great Truck
By Joe

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab Standard Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 1997 Nissan Truck that was stolen a couple of years ago and at the time had 392,000 miles on it and was still running reasonably well so I bought a used 2004 Frontier and for the two years I have had it I have not had a single problem with it and as long as I change the oil every 3,000 miles (I use the cheap Walmart 20$ oil change) I expect it to go for a really long time. I bought it with 123,000 and now I have 140,000 and it seems like a great truck so far.

Silver but not gold!
By GaryXE

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

In general a great little truck. With regular maintenance it has held up well. The only complaint I have is gas mileage!

Nissan Frontier Forever
By Vicki Kemmerer

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Frontier. I've had this one for 11 years. These are great small trucks. I just wish it got better mileage.
Both trucks had problems with tailgate lock in both trucks.

The Perfect Truck
By David Mock

2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My grandfather bought this truck new from the dealership in 2004. The whole time he owned it through my childhood and teen years it was phenomenal, and still is today. Recently due to medical issues he had to give up driving and the truck went to me. It is still the the magnificent truck it was the day he brought it home. My wife and I own a small hobby farm and we use it frequently for hauling feed, supplies, produce, animals, and just about anything else you can think of. It's easy to maintain, very simplistic in that there is not a lot of electronics to fail and the gas mileage is unbelievable. We recently took a trip from our home in Western Maryland to the Adirondack Mountains in upstate NY and the truck averaged 34mpg for the trip, and that was with the bed loaded with camping gear. When my grandfather bought this truck he traded in a 1984 Nissan truck for it which had 483,000 miles on it an I expect that and so much more out of this beautiful piece of machinery. If you have the opportunity to purchase a 1st gen (1998-2004) Nissan Frontier with the bulletproof 2.4L KA24DE engine get it. It will be the best investment you'll ever make.