Used 2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Good long lasting vehicle
By Francis

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab XE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

It has high mileage but still runs like new. Needs some cosmetic & lock repairs.

Worst investment of my life.
By Jared

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB

Bought the car at for $9,000 62,000 miles with no warranty because it was older than 7 years. I live in connecticut- thats the lemon law. i drove it for 700 miles and the rotor, camshaft, and distributer go. cost me over $3,600 from nissan. 3,500 miles pass and my head gasket blows. thats where i am now. im picking it up tomorrow and the bill is at $3,300 (exhaust manifold, catalac converters replaced, etc.) so at this point im at $15,900 for a car i can resale for $8,000. sucks- next time i buy new with a 100,000 mile warranty. horror story. true story. its spent over 8 weeks being repaired in the 6 months ive owned it.

Very Solid Crewcab 4x4 Mountain Truck!
By peijae

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB

I am person that has had over 35 cars since the age of 16, partially from hobby and partly for experience. The best vehicle I had owned was the 2008 Tacoma, but had to get out of heavy payments and let it go. Since then I always wished from at least a small truck bed after a few SUVs.

Living in the mountains of Colorado, I need plenty of power, decent fuel economy, passenger room and real 4x4 utility. Not the easiest combo to find. I ended up getting a Frontier and it is truly one excellent mountain truck. Lifted, built, 33's, 5 speed, headers and intake: Excellent power up and down hills, 15-22 mpg, and very capable off road. I like it as much as my old 2008 Toyota Tacoma. A 200k keeper.

Nice exterior, looks very rugged with lift, rock sliders and off road bumpers, comfortable and intuitive interior, absorbs bumps nicely with ranchos, very strong and efficient engine with k&n cold air intake and headers, nice 5 speed transmission pulls up the canyon in 4th gear, very reliable, easy to maintain, good 4x4 off road capability, easy to take the family out in with passenger room, small but utilitarian bed, at 218,000 miles runs great and feels half it's age, gets pretty decent gas mileage considering its mods.

Nothing to complain about

Frontier 4X4 Crew Cab 2000
By sleeksteel

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Extraordinary performance and quality. The best vehicle I have ever owned. Bought it new and have had this 2000 model since winter of 1999.
Have close to 200,000 miles! I will keep this truck forever. Have a couple of rust spots, which I sprayed rust remover, sanded it off, and painted it. My truck still looks like new with some minor dents. I keep up with the maintenance: oil, lubes, tires, tune-ups, etc. I enjoy off-roading out in the country.

I love the 4X4, exterior syle, interior design, storage behind the backseats, and the small, but effective engine.

Too noisy on the highway; wind and engine noise in the cabin is louder than most vehicles. Roof rack is useless - only hinders the aerodynamics of the body. Hood needs to lift up high enough toward the windshield to improve aerodynamics and hide the windshield wipers.

2000 Crew cab XE, automatic
By spy77

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

I use to be a Chevy guy, but Nissan knows how to build cars and trucks. Being my third Nissan, the Frontier is a overall really good truck. The V6 engine could use a little more power, but it gets the job done. It's now at 98,000 miles and still runs like new. I did have to replace the exhaust manifolds due to cracks, and the battery died after the 6th year. I do all the repairs myself, so it hasn't cost me much. I am now planning on replacing the timing belt, water pump and hoses. I have already replaced the O2's plugs, wires, cap and rotor along with the drive belts, since I am a strong believer in preventive maintenance. Truck has proven to be highly reliable and still performs like new.

Plush fabric interior, NOT all plastic interior like most cars and trucks, high clearance, smooth performing V6 engine and great for towing.

V6 engine could use more power. Back seating could use more room for adults, but fine for kids.