Used 2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 268 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

A/c
By Ms Sharon

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My air conditioning is out only 120,000 miles. Living in the south that’s not good .when it 100 degrees out

Good and reliable car.
By Eve

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The mileage is not as what was advertised. It's much less. I'm only getting 23 MPG combined.

Control Arm Rusted Inside/Out and Broke
By Keith Zimcosky

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The control arm on my 2013 Nissan Altima (3.5L SL) broke while entering the freeway on (7/20) during rush hour, causing me to lose steering in the rear of my vehicle. The equipment failure caused me to be stranded on the highway, forcing me to have my car towed to the nearest auto repair shop, costing me $2,220 in repairs. My vehicle only had 72,720 miles when the malfunction occurred. In reaching out to I-90 Nissan in Sheffield Ohio, which is where I purchased my vehicle, the staff was friendly but deferred me to Nissan Corporate to file a claim with Consumer Affairs. Consumer Affairs denied my claim because I did not take my vehicle to an “authorized dealer”. While stranded on the highway, the last place I was thinking about taking me vehicle was to the dealer (15+ miles away) that sold me a car that had a major equipment failure in less than 5 years of owning it.
The broken control arm was completely rusted out, with an unsealed hole at the top, allowing water and salt to pour in. The other control arm was rusted, with stress fractures and was on its way to break soon. Lesley at Nissan Corporate told me she stands by the quality of Nissan vehicles. If control arms rusting out, breaking and causing people to lose control of their vehicle is considered quality, then I ENCOURAGE ANYONE LOOKING TO PURCHASE A NISSAN TO USE CAUTION!
Also, the hood of my trunk has rust issues, which was “fixed” years ago. The same rusted out areas are back. I also have "rail dust" all over my vehicle. It seems Nissan has an issue with their vehicles and parts rusting out early.

Great Car Except for Transmission Rumble
By Chuck Corley

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased the 2013 Altima new and kept it for 50,000 miles and 5-years. The car was very comfortable, drove well, and had plenty of power for a 4-cylinder engine. Fuel mileage was excellent. Highway driving mileage averaged between 32 to 40 MPG depending on the wind direction. The only big problem we had with the car was the CVT transmission noise and rumble. It was worse in cold weather, but was always there. It was actually embarrassing to drive with a friend in the car the transmission noise. It made you feel the drivetrain was about to fall out of the car. The dealer replaced the alternator under warranty once and the noise got better for a while, but came back after six-months. This would have been one of my all-time favorite cars if the CVT transmission was quiet and vibration free! The dealer refused to fix it and said it was normal. That was laughable.

Java Is Just Great For Me!
By Ed Friedewald

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/12 (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Java Mettallic is the color of my Altima and I love this car! Driven a Sonata, Eldorado, Spectra, Santa Fe and this Altima is top of the heap! Started with Michellin tires that were terrific for a quiet ride! Handles very well, easy to drive, convenient for groceries, golf clubs, and luggage in the trunk. Great mileage on long trips too as we get 30-38 mpg depending on terrain and speed. Bose sound system with 6 speakers and I have Serius/XM for plenty of variety. Currently 83k miles and no problems. Simply do required maintenance. Yes, it might sound like a grumbling transmission, but it doesn't affect the performance of the car. Mine will accelerate as quickly as most cars I've owned..Again, LOVE this '13 Altima!