2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander PHEV model:

great car
By jeff

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid DD)

in my shopping list never have this Outlander PHEV, but I just bought it (2018 Outlander PHEV GT). I was planning to buy MDX Hybrid(my most favor), RX450 , Volvo XC60 Hybrid, but I see this car can get onto carpool lane and only $40K (out to door), that is good deal. plus I will get another $6k tax credit (fed and ca) , really good deal. did I mention 10 year warranty ?? , to me, those luxury car charge are way over price, you are buying that logo for extra, as well as your own feeling good over others only, that is it. the only thing I don't like this car is the driver seat, not too comfortable (compare to my old RX400H any my wife BMW230i), but will get use to in time. overall I like after 1 week commute daily to work.

Heavenly ride
By Rolf Kestermann

Wonderful car, great balance of compromises. Love the ride, silence, electric torque, versatility, and especially that the usefulness has not been compromised by absurd design. Visibility, mirrors, ceiling height, standard moon roof with solid blind, self folding rear seats, folding rear seat head rests, touch screen, non reflective odometers and many other little things I do love. My only gripes are the gezillian warning beeps and of little importance, not a fan of shiny black plastic parts on the dash and front grill, even if you call it piano finish poly carbonate. Also the various control buttons seem sprawled out, wish they would be in a single cluster above the heater controls

Great machine!
By Mike S

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid DD)

Overall, we are very happy with this vehicle. It's a great value, particularly when you add up all the federal, state, and local rebates that go with it. Compared to other crossover SUVs with hybrid or electric technology, this was priced very well. Corners that were cut to lower the cost seem minor to us (ie quality of some of the interior elements) but I do wish the front seats were more comfortable for longer drives. Lower back can get a little sore after a couple hours - we plan to use a lumbar support pillow for our next road trip. Battery range for EV only driving is good at ~20 miles - while part of me wishes that was a bit longer, that would mean more battery which means less cargo room and a heavier vehicle, so it seems like a good balance. Cargo space is very good. Safety features on SEL model are appreciated. Vehicle accelerates smoothly and switches between EV and gas mode smoothly and quietly. Car looks good too (though I would lose the huge PHEV stickers on the sides). I'm surprised it took so long to get to the US after excellent reviews and sales in Europe, but I'm glad it's here now!

Great PHEV
By Choc Lab

Thinking of getting a second one

Once you do electric you will never go back!!!!!!!
By PHEV_Mark

Ok, just test drive one. Once you slide into those leather seats and grab the shifting knob and roll your hands over her firm steering wheel then slowly ride her as she quietly drives with that electric drive....mmmmmm so nice. Have driven 3K miles in 2 months. A quiet ride and smooth. Easy to charge but takes getting used to hitting a button and nothing happens until you shift and give her a little on the pedal. I achieve 25 miles on electric only and forget about that 300 mile range. If it is city driving I have surpassed 500 miles on a single tank on hybrid mode. Regeneration is the key. Let her slurp it back up when she is going down....hill. Quick off the line but a ittle slow when you want her to run. I bought her to help me lower my carbon footprint and Protect our Winters. My hope is that many find electrics our the way to go and abandon gasoline powered cars. My last car was a 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid. Now I have a 2018 Mitsu PHEV baby steps to full electric. I have driven the future and I like it. Ride is a little heavy but blasting hrough a snowstorm of heavy rains? This car is a car on rails. It never felt out of control througha 18inch storrm. My problem was getting past the idiots doing 25. I was doing 50 and it was letting me run her. Its a SUV. Lots of cargo space and fun to drive. I really like her.