Used 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:

City scooter
By Sue L

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

Nothing fancy . Just good economical transportation. Great in the city. Very easy to turn around and fit into any parking spot.

Great little car
By Marko

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

I have owned a Mirage for more than a year. After owning two lemons (an '06 Dodge Dakota and a '13 Ford Focus) my Mirage has been a great, reliable transport. It has gotten some negative press for being "cheap" or feeling like a 1990s subcompact, but that's its charm! Anyway, it does NOT have 1990s tech inside. It's got Bluetooth, power windows, keyless entry and start, cruise, aux jack, USB jack, A/C, all the stuff you need...It's much-lauded gas mileage is very true: I get high-40s mpg with my manual without trying very hard. (My commute is about 75% highway.) I would highly recommend the manual version (if you can find it)...it's fun to whip the 1,996-pound car around corners, and you can park this little beast anywhere. It FEELS like 1994 when you drive her, and who doesn't want to re-live 1994 in this day and age? It's acceleration is a bit sluggish, but that is to be expected in a 74-hp car. But I regularly pass vehicles on the highway without much trouble, and man are some of those drivers pissed!...I have no criticisms of this car beyond it NOT being a Volkswagen Golf GTI. I would, though, criticize Mitsubishi for trying to move a new Mirage at 15K or more. This little tinpot needs to be at a base-Nissan Versa price point or below. It is the best value for your money. Which brings me to another frequent comment: while inexpensive, this is not a car for poor people. It is a car for subcompact enthusiasts. I am not poor. Keep this in mind, Mitsubishi! End of review.

great little car if you drive it till it dies.
By Alfonso Ortiz

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

i bought my Mirage, brand new, for size, the economy, price and mpg. 2015 and just traded it off today with 115k miles on it. in that time. i went from 45 mpg, to an average of 33 mpg, still not bad. size was great when i had 3 little kids. we just out grew the little car. a teenager will do that.....lol. the 3 years of ownership the tranny went out at 90k miles. that sucked, i didnt get stranded, thank God, dealership honored the 100k warranty and replaced the transmission. thanks!. and the alternator went out, shortly after, OUCH. all out of pocket. alternator cost $600 just for the part. not so economical. the mechanic suggested i get rid of the car. Today i traded the mirage for an Outlander. They gave me 3k for the car, at a Mitsubishi dealership. disappointing.

Don't purchase!!!!!!
By Lana

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

I commute daily in this vehicle and in my opinion it's very unsafe to drive on the freeway. The steering wheel locks up and sways very easily if the weather is a bit windy, that coupled together with a steering wheel that continuously locks up and is stiff makes for a very unsettling drive. This car does NOT accelerate easily and my commute is very noisy. I bought this car because the price was right and it gets great gas mileage but if I'd known then what I know now I would NOT have purchased this vehicle. Also the interior is cheap. The handle that's above the driver's side window is loose and a screw came out. I've only had the car a little over a year. If you're considering purchasing this vehicle PLEASE reconsider!!!!!

You bet I would buy it again.....
By Linda B.

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

It is my opinion that the manual transmission is much better than the CVT. My 5 speed has great acceleration which seems to be a complaint with the CVT owners. I have had the car for 17 months and been to the mountains of Tenn. and up to the Adirondack Mountains of New York twice with 2 adults and 3 children and a big load of luggage with no problems what so ever with acceleration, mountain climbing or handling. When using the air conditioner you do lose some power but it really is not a problem even with the mountain driving. The car gets about 35 miles per gallon around town and about 48 miles per gallon on a trip. When using the air conditioner, those numbers drop by a couple MPG. The noise level with the windows up is no greater than in any other car I have ever driven. I love my car and have had absolutely no problems with it what so ever.