Used 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:

great little car if you drive it till it dies.
By Alfonso Ortiz

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

i bought my Mirage, brand new, for size, the economy, price and mpg. 2015 and just traded it off today with 115k miles on it. in that time. i went from 45 mpg, to an average of 33 mpg, still not bad. size was great when i had 3 little kids. we just out grew the little car. a teenager will do that.....lol. the 3 years of ownership the tranny went out at 90k miles. that sucked, i didnt get stranded, thank God, dealership honored the 100k warranty and replaced the transmission. thanks!. and the alternator went out, shortly after, OUCH. all out of pocket. alternator cost $600 just for the part. not so economical. the mechanic suggested i get rid of the car. Today i traded the mirage for an Outlander. They gave me 3k for the car, at a Mitsubishi dealership. disappointing.

Don't purchase!!!!!!
By Lana

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

I commute daily in this vehicle and in my opinion it's very unsafe to drive on the freeway. The steering wheel locks up and sways very easily if the weather is a bit windy, that coupled together with a steering wheel that continuously locks up and is stiff makes for a very unsettling drive. This car does NOT accelerate easily and my commute is very noisy. I bought this car because the price was right and it gets great gas mileage but if I'd known then what I know now I would NOT have purchased this vehicle. Also the interior is cheap. The handle that's above the driver's side window is loose and a screw came out. I've only had the car a little over a year. If you're considering purchasing this vehicle PLEASE reconsider!!!!!

You bet I would buy it again.....
By Linda B.

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

It is my opinion that the manual transmission is much better than the CVT. My 5 speed has great acceleration which seems to be a complaint with the CVT owners. I have had the car for 17 months and been to the mountains of Tenn. and up to the Adirondack Mountains of New York twice with 2 adults and 3 children and a big load of luggage with no problems what so ever with acceleration, mountain climbing or handling. When using the air conditioner you do lose some power but it really is not a problem even with the mountain driving. The car gets about 35 miles per gallon around town and about 48 miles per gallon on a trip. When using the air conditioner, those numbers drop by a couple MPG. The noise level with the windows up is no greater than in any other car I have ever driven. I love my car and have had absolutely no problems with it what so ever.

Vastly underrated vehicle
By Pete_in_Pa

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

If there were 6 stars, I'd give it 6, although I might wait to see the reliability after 100,000 miles. First, the very few negatives. Ride is a bit rough when going over township installed road bumps designed to slow down traffic, but that's to be expected with small cars. Noise level is not good, both wind and engine. Tire size is very unusual, leading to only 2 manufacturers and lack of discount prices, but that might change as the car becomes more popular in future. Now the good- INCREDIBLE gas mileage, by far the best even when compared with other subcompacts I've owned and currently own, every bit as good as advertised. Attention to detail is excellent; amount of cargo room as good as vehicles that get 2/3 the gas mileage or less. Handling/control very good. Interior room OUTSTANDING, better than mid size cars my company has rented for me when I travel, especially in back seat. Controls in logical places. Easy to service yourself when replacing filters, checking fluid levels, etc, which is not true with many small cars. A/C and heating are powerful. Warrranty is among industry's best- my Nissan Versa has a 36k mile warranty, and after owning it for over 60k miles I know why. If my wife will let me, I will buy a Mirage to replace her Versa when the time comes. Obviously if you have 3 young kids and 2 dogs, this is not a suitable vehicle for you, though I can easily carry 4 people or my wife and our 2 dogs in ours. I have yet to have grocery or other purchases that won't fit easily in this car, including when I buy enough to stock up the basement freezer or when I buy stuff at the home improvement store. When the back seats are folded down, as Robert DeNiro said in that movie, "you could fit two or tree bodies in dere". The only negative is, when I see Ford or Chevy trucks on the road I feel an irresistable desire to drive towards them, shouting TORA TORA TORA and squeezing a nonexistant machine gun trigger...sorry, had to throw that joke in. Great car, really.

Don't waste your money!
By sam

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

I bought the car in 2015 right off the lot. 37000 miles later there is a noise that we have recored multiple times, but they can't seem to figure it out. I have had my car less than 2 weeks in the past 6 weeks as they have had it.....they pretty much told me they cant do anything if it gets worse take it back in.......Was told if my care blows up just call roadside assistance.