Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used Lancer for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

So far I am happy with the purchase

Justin Greer, 10/03/2017
2017 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I picked a black pearl sedan right off the semi truck's trailer. The first thing you may notice is the seats. Mitsubishi did nothing to the comfort of their seats on this one. I would not say they are uncomfortable, but it is something that you get used to. My biggest grip about this car (any other mitsubishi's) is the paint durability. I have a 2011 lancer as well and the paint just chips so easy from road debris. I recommend getting a touch up pen in your purchase. The car runs great (just as my 2011 with CVT) but mine is a 5 speed and the shifting sync must be out our not broken in yet. Shifting into gear sometimes can be sticky and be jammed completely. I will be making an appointment to see if the dealer can have a look just to be sure. Overall, I am happy with the car. I got a great deal on it and the manufacture warranty is crazy good.

Decent car

Lancer driver, 09/21/2021
updated 09/28/2022
2017 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Acceleration and handling is plenty adequate. The wind noise is pretty quiet in highway speeds and I get very close to EPA estimates normally 30 mpg in city and 33ish on the highway I dislike how the steering wheel is far away with no telescoping option, also the arm rest is very far back. The ride crashes over bumps but it doesn't bother me all that much. I am a 5'9 male 135 lbs All in all a good car and would recommend it if you find one for sale Update: almost 70,000 miles and the car is still going strong, no mechanical repairs needed so far, however the headunit randomly started going bad which cost me a few hundred bucks to get a new used one. I also bought an armrest that slides in between the drivers seat and the center area and that has completely taken care of my arm rest issue (you can find on amazon for around $40). Since doing so the car has been made so much more comfortable on longer drives. If I ever end up selling this car for something else, the arm rest is coming with me I recommend everyone who owns a lancer or any similar Mitsubishi product to do CVT fluid changes every 30k-50k to get the most out of their transmission, they're kind of expensive at around $200 but IMO it's worth the piece of mind. All in all the car is still pretty basic and that's ok! Will provide another update hopefully next year :)

Surprised an Happy

Uncle Joe, 09/27/2021
updated 03/30/2022
2017 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

UPDATE: One year later, the car is paid off and I have no intention of trading yet. This car has had absolutely zero issues. I change the oil & filters and I put gas in it... that's it! Trouble free! I bought mine brand new from the dealer. I had a lot of negative equity in my old car so I was looking for the least expensive vehicle the bank would allow $10k in negative equity to transfer to. Styling and features meant nothing to me for this purchase. I just needed a quick fix to get out of my terrible old car. I did not even test drive it. I just sat in it to see if my 6'2" 300lb frame would fit and it was surprisingly comfortable. Fast forward 4 years and 37,000 mile later, I really love this car! It's comfortable enough. The fuel economy is fantastic! I average 27mpg in town and get 35-37 on the road. It will be paid in less than a year and I do not plan on trading it. If anything I will pass it on to one of the kids in my life. Kids love my car and think I'm the coolest old man in town! My only complaint is the Mitsubishi dealer in my city closed, so now I have to drive 60 miles for servicing.

2 out of 5 stars

Made to break after warranty.

The Dude, 08/10/2022
2017 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Bought my 2017 Lancer AWC new. Was a good deal and I needed the AWD for winter. I was always on top of maintenence and didn't beat on it. Up until 160000 km it was a good car. Only complaint was it had a lot of road noise and the interior wasn't the best. As soon as it hit 160k; also when the warranty conviently expired it started falling apart. Transmission threw codes and needed a new valve body , CV axles needed replacement, bearing were done, window regulator broke, heat sheild rattling, AC compressor broke, engine leaking oil. Parts were extremely over-priced. $1200 for a cv axle??? They're normally around $180. Transmission would have cost $8000, but thankfully it broke at 159k... phew Will never buy or recommend Mitsubishi again.

2 out of 5 stars