2020 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross SUV Consumer Reviews

$22,995

Save as much as $3,711
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great little SUV for the money

Brandon, 12/25/2020
LE 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

A YEAR AFTER OWNERSHIP UPDATE: I still love my Eclipse Cross LE so very much. I'm still finding new, exciting things out about this vehicle. Lately, I've been really seeing what it's AWD system can do in gravel setting, and testing out the ECO mode to see how good of gas mileage I can get...while the MPG on sticker is 25/26, just today, while in Gravel, ECO mode I got 34 mpg! Not bad at all! I'm still having a blast with my Eclipse Cross and still think the value holds up. ORIGINAL REVIEW: The single most important thing I have to say: ignore the "pro" reviews, read the owner reviews and GO DRIVE ONE. I bought my 2020 Eclipse Cross LE AWD this July, but I had been researching my next car purchase for about two years. I had a budget in mind, and coming off several New England winters in a Nissan Versa, all wheel drive/four wheel drive was a must. I began looking into the crossover market and came up with a top three to go drive, look into and make a decision based on. Let the record show: if I had just based my decision with the pro reviews, I would have never purchased this great little ride. I couldn't be happier with my decision to go against the grain, and purchase my first brand new vehicle with Mitsubishi. There really isn't much I don't love about my EC. I agree with the previous reviewer in that this is a great entry level step into the crossover/SUV market, coming off a smaller car and into something larger. Everything about the driving experience is easy to navigate, handling both winding stretches of highway and tight city streets with ease. It was a very easy transition for me to move from the cramped Versa and into the Eclipse Cross, but it certainly feels like a tremendous step up, in terms of speed, looks and size. I find it comfortable for me and my family, and it really does stand up to any task I put it to, whether it's commuting to work or family trips or carting around the groceries. I also plan to have the tow package installed to carry my band gear from gig to gig. While the tow capacity is only 1500 lbs, that will be perfect to get me and my band from one show to the next with all of our gear. Last, my favorite thing about this ride: the quality to cost ratio. It is my belief that the bad reputation of the manufacturer that translates into great savings to the buyer. A frequent complaint in reviews I read is that the sticker price is too high in comparison to bigger, more well known brands. Maybe so, but this is a brand that is motivated to sell some vehicles and as such, they offer great discounts. I paid 5k off sticker for an exceptionally equipped SUV! With a decent down payment and good credit, I am paying less than 300 dollars a month for a GORGEOUS ride with tons of bells and whistles! Oh. And the best warranty in the business (tied with Hyundai and Kia, but they just recalled 600k vehicles for engine fires, so no thanks) at 5 years/60k bumper-to-bumper and 10 years/100k powertrain warranty to back it all up. I fully recommend given the EC a shot. It is unfair to compare it to a sports car from twenty years ago, which I guess was Mitsubishi's biggest mistake in the marketing of this vehicle. It's not a sports car by any stretch of the imagination, but it is a good looking, affordable, versatile and dependable SUV. I've driven it through a foot of snow, I've driven it through bumper to bumper traffic. Either way, it does a good job every time. Don't let the bad rep dissuade you if you're in the market for a crossover. There is a reason I choose this over Honda and Subaru. I implore you to go find out.

A very easy car to like

Kev, 12/17/2020
SE 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Simple interior it’s nice but not great but I love it and the amount of power for a 4 cylinder is good but I find it rides like a tank that the downfall especially when hitting bumps but it’s a good overall vehicle

Great choice

shonerk, 10/20/2020
LE 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have had nothing but Kia since 2008. I wanted an AWD SUV for the upcoming winter after being in an Optima for the last 2 winters. Saw an Eclipse Cross on the road and decided to go check it out. Roomy interior that looks really nice and is comfortable. Handles well and feels pretty peppy to me. Overall I am very happy with it.

Ad
Build Your Eclipse Cross
At a Glance:
  • 5 Colors
  • 4 Trims
  • $23,395starting MSRP

Quirks Add Up

Richard, 04/27/2020
SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

At first glance this is a relatively attractive and well priced vehicle in its class. Lots of creature comforts and a strong suite of safety features on the upper trim levels. Then you drive it for awhile, and start to feel annoyed. Whether it is the cheap and tin like sounds the doors make upon closing, the grinding effort of opening the gas hatch, the road manners, the lack of dampening of road imperfections, or simply the near impossible task of opening windows using control buttons hidden behind an unnecessary door bar, the vehicle grinds the joy out of your purchase choice. For the love of all that is holy you can't even quickly mute the radio! You have to dial it down or up using the mouse pad behind the shifter or the steering wheel controls! The vehicle also has a terrible highway speed 'shimmy' at about 110km/h. I do not recommend this vehicle, and would suggest considering a RAV4 if money is not a concern, or the Mazda CX3.

Find a better option

AdamH, 04/03/2021
LE 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I recently rented a 2020 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross with 7K on the clock. The vehicle I originally rented was not available so I was "upgraded" to the Mitsu. The upgrade included the following: a blind spot that covers an entire city block, a seat that adjusts every direction except the correct one, a view screen that was too bright at night but at least during the day was not visible due to the sun angles, window controls you need an atlas to find, the rattle of the interior plastics at times would drown out the rattle coming from the engine. I never did get to experience the lauded AWD. The experience of driving this machine made me dearly miss my 2005 Scion Xa. If you choose to purchase this vehicle I would recommend an extended warranty; as I feel reliability issues will be in your future.